• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Diego, CA - Feb. 25th

jabruzzo3

Eagle Member
I am heading back out to San Diego on a business trip. Saturday the 25th, I have the entire day free to play some disc golf.

Last time I was there, I played Morley a couple of times and Kit Carson once.

This time I thought I would head East and play Olive Glen, Sun Valley and finish at Morley. (I am up for any other suggestions)

Anyone up for a round or two?

I'm down to play too. Never played olive glen. Morley is going to be pretty crowded on a Saturday afternoon though. Sun valley is pretty cool for a 9 hole course as long as the ball golfers arent acting like they did last time I was there.

There is a new course being built in vista (20 minutes from kit Carson). Hopefully it will be done by the 25th, but its really up in the air right now.

I'm down to play too. Never played olive glen. Morley is going to be pretty crowded on a Saturday afternoon though. Sun valley is pretty cool for a 9 hole course as long as the ball golfers arent acting like they did last time I was there.

There is a new course being built in vista (20 minutes from kit Carson). Hopefully it will be done by the 25th, but its really up in the air right now.

Cool. I am in for anything. I pick up my rental at 9AM in Coronado. I can meet you guys where ever. I will send PM as we get closer to Feb.

On a saturday afternoon you should leave at least 2.5-3 hours to play Morley. If you start there early it'll be a lot less crowded.

I enjoy morley, but I honestly cannot stand the wait sometimes. When you are 4 groups deep and everyone putts like their lives depend on it.. Ughhh.

I don't know how people in san Diego played only morley for the 20+ years before the other courses opened up.

why not try goat hill right off the 5 freeway and san marcos university? 2 options. Olive glen is ok and sun valley is nice, 30 minutes more east is pine valley which I liked with alot of cool shots. If you have a full day you should play all the courses down the 78 freeway in this order, goat hill, maybe camp pendleton, new course in vista if opened, sunset, san marcos university, and montiel park. well camp pendleton would be better to do first probably. If you still had time, kit carson isnt to far from Montiel park.

why not try goat hill right off the 5 freeway and san marcos university? 2 options. Olive glen is ok and sun valley is nice, 30 minutes more east is pine valley which I liked with alot of cool shots. If you have a full day you should play all the courses down the 78 freeway in this order, goat hill, maybe camp pendleton, new course in vista if opened, sunset, san marcos university, and montiel park. well camp pendleton would be better to do first probably. If you still had time, kit carson isnt to far from Montiel park.

I personally suggest this to people who ate visiting as well, minus pendleton and add kit carson (i don't think everyone can get onto pendleton to play)

As long as you're not a felon or national security risk you can get on pendleton to play, they do scan the license of everyone in the car as you go through the gate.

May have to ditch my plan and go with yours. If you are free on the 25th of Feb and want to throw a round or two, let me know.

BTW - Love the Buzzz-GT's. They are sweet! Thanks.

Well I'm not sure what I'm doing that far ahead of time, but if I can make it I will.

Morley is a waste of time no matter how you slice it on vacation. On weekdays the traffic going into and out of the city is a huge pain in the ass and on weekends it's too busy.

I enjoyed my time at Goat Hill and Kit Carson. I can't speak to how busy Goat Hill will be on a weekend since I played it on Wednesday at 10am, but it was still surprisingly full of ball golfers, even on what the locals were calling a "cold" (55-60 degrees) January weekday morning, but I'd recommend playing it with a cart if you're up for a course that long. Following the rest of lion's advice seems like a good idea!

:D I don't mean to hate on Morley because it's a very interesting experience and the course is unique and has it's charm. If you're on a tight schedule, playing the busiest course in the world isn't a great way to budget your time!

I've had some great rounds on an empty course at 6am on a saturday, but I did have to dodge sprinklers :p

Latest posts