• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Diego in October

Thumber

Double Eagle Member
Hey All,

I am going to be in San Diego in October for a friend's wedding. My GF is part of the wedding party and will busy in the run up to the wedding so I will have a couple of days to play local courses. I looked at the map and, besides Morley Field, there did not appear to be much in the area. Should I just go to Morley and play for 2 days there or is there something I am missing?

Appreciate any beta,

thx

read the reviews of Morley Field. They don't lie. Crazy busy...but fun.

Since you've posted absolutely no information on your profile page I have no ideas about you to tell you what you may or may not like.

Morley was fun, but a bit simple in that days layout. Maybe I just had a good day...I don't know.

\/\/

haven't got around to the profile yet.

I am an Am player. I play well enough but have consistency issues at times. Brilliant one day, sucky the next

Our local club has a handicap system like ball golf. Best golfer in Ottawa's handicap is 4. Mine is 9.1 if that tells you anything.

We use the handicap system as a way to encourage new players to come to tuesday league night. Play 3 times and you have a HC. Play well after that and you have a very good chance of cashing on the adjusted score

You'll like Morley, especially if you're there on a sunday and monday, as they change the basket positions on mondays :)

\/\/

If you play Morley Field, best time to go is early in the morning on a weekday, like before 9:00 a.m. On weekends, if you get there after 7:00, you'll be waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Believe me, we get up at 5 a.m. to go play, but Morley is a fun place to play!

I just got back from Vacation in the San Diego area. I played Morley field. I enjoyed it after I was able to play through the giant group of 10 newbies throwing their rental discs. Don't get me wrong, I like to see new people learning the sport, but if they have a rule that says no more than 6 people per pad, they need to enforce it. My wife and I almost got hit on multiple occasions. But it was an overall good course. There are a handful of courses in the Escondido/San Marcos area. This is about 35 minutes north on I-15. These courses are not pay-to-play and probably do not get anywhere near the traffic Morley does. If you really wanna drive to a good course, head up to La Mirada. Two courses on beautiful park lands with green grass and nice trees. Kind of a drive from SD area.

thx for the info, the more I hear, the less i want to play Morley

Should play Morley just because of history. Just go early; or perhaps play at night? What's the deal with night play there? (asking the locals)

It's only open from sunrise to sunset I believe, though I never tried playing outside those hours when I lived there.

Latest posts