• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Francisco - Where to Buy Plastic?

ssittler

I'm traveling to San Francisco next week for work. I'm hoping to stash a few discs in my bag and find time to play Golden Gate. But short of that I really enjoy checking out local disc golf scene. Are there any must-visit stores in San Francisco that carry a variety of plastic?

No clue about must visit but here are the listings from this sites DG shop map.

Golden State Park Skate & Bike
3038 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94118

REI
840 Brannan St.
San Francisco, CA 94103

Purple Skunk
6037 Geary Blvd.
San Francisco, CA 94121

The Sports Basement 610 Mason St.
San Francisco, CA 94129

Big 5 Sporting Goods
1533 Sloat Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94132

Purple Skunk sounds interesting.... Never made it to any shops out there though for DG. Too much other cool ****!

The Purple Skunk was going to be my first stop. Unfortunately it looks to be permanently closed - according to Google.

I was hoping to find a local-vibe store. We have a couple in Charlotte NC. Just assumed there might be something similar (local flavor) in San Fran.

Despite what one would think, I'm under the impression that there aren't really any disc golf stores in the bay area. I could definitely be wrong so someone correct me if I am. There are a few in Sacramento, though. (Final 9 sports)

SF just doesnt come across as a DG mecca shop area. RE is way too spendy and really not much of a market. GGGT for example in MN outside of downtown MLPS is in a area which is s great location but no san fran and just provides better DG access vs a city like that BS out in SF... Really just one course not like the 10 within same driving distance of GGGT here in the twin cities.