• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Marino vs Star Rancho Roc +

RRDiscgolfer

got a new star san marino roc 180, flies great. I have thrown my San Marino into a mild headwind and it barely flipped and came back very nicely. I read that the Rancho mold is the most stable out of the different molds. I have would like everyones opinion on what they think of the Star Rancho Roc +.

thank you,

RRdiscgolfer Manny :cool:

I used to throw a Star Roc+ till I discovered Dx Rancho Rocs and really never looked back. I thought the Star Roc+ to be beefy at first then they do break in nicely. As far as comparing San Marino to the Star Roc+ the Champion San Marino I have glides forever! I really didn't notice to much glide with the Star. Although if you do like Roc's do yourself a favor and throw some of the USDGC Roc's, and not the + molds. You will thank me later, but your wallet won't.

I actaully like the star +. It's been doing good in my lineup so far. Not ready to shelf it just yet. Plus my design is on it which is a +...get it? :)

I really like the Star + for muscling a drive, but a perfectly beat-in mid-weight Star San Marino holds the nicest and cleanest line I have ever seen out of a driven mid.

I used to throw a Star Roc+ till I discovered Dx Rancho Rocs and really never looked back. I thought the Star Roc+ to be beefy at first then they do break in nicely. As far as comparing San Marino to the Star Roc+ the Champion San Marino I have glides forever! I really didn't notice to much glide with the Star. Although if you do like Roc's do yourself a favor and throw some of the USDGC Roc's, and not the + molds. You will thank me later, but your wallet won't.

so are all DX rocs considered rancho rocs?
i have one and it is flat and nice.
i just hate throwing dx plastic. but if i can get a good roc, i can throw dx. :)
i was throwing, and loved, the R-Pro Roc, i got a 180 and a 165. like the feel of them. and they are predictable. :thmbup:

Latest posts