• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] SAREK, GOBI, and BRYCE

Gyro technology does something...pertinent words indeed.

Blizzard plastic with bubblicious rims set the distance records. What is it exactly that Gyro does?

Actually, the blizzard plastic used to set the records.are old runs with the bubbles in the flight plate. Simon even said that is what he prefers. So, lighter flight plate, heavier rims. Hmmmm, I do wonder, what exactly does gyro do?

I have the putter sarek
Pretty cool.
Need to mess with it more.
Similar to an anode? Maybe not as fast

Bryce

Threw a Bryce today. This was the first disc of this type I'd ever seen from L64.

Its a freaking winner. Great flier. For me the Bryce performed very well for a speed 9 driver. Lots of glide and good penetration. I was getting big distance with it. The Bryce was easily keeping up with drivers 3 or 4 speeds faster. I used it on a lot of drives I'd use Teebirds or Thunderbirds on. The Bryce was easily longer than either of them.

Very floaty, glidey flight. The Bryce bends to the right a little bit and then flexes out for eternity. It isn't a really wide S curve, but it is a long one. Minimal fade too.

The Bryce has some high speed turn, but I won't call it flippy. It would bend to the right on hard throws, but always end up coming back late. That said, it didn't do well in headwinds. I threw it a couple times hard into headwinds and it flew right and stayed there. It didn't turn and burn, but it definitely ended up well right.

Disc was 171g. Opto plastic with rubber (or whatever) rim.

The distance was staggering, especially for a speed 9. I'd throw the Bryce hard and it would end up barely short of my flippy G* Shryke. I'd say I topped 400' with the Bryce numerous times, and it felt like I did it easily. The disc glides superbly and goes much further than you'd expect. It was short of the Shryke, but every bit as long as my Torrent and Nuke.

In the bag this would take the place of something like a Wraith or Surge. It had about the same flight as either of those two discs, but a bit less late fade. All of the distance though.

Bryce: 9, 6, -2, 1. Really a mellow flier. Very glidey, effortless distance. For a speed 9 this disc has a lot going for it. I could throw it hard and not worry about it going haywire right. Highly recommended. I honestly liked this disc more than any of the drivers I've tried from Axiom or MVP. They all have the same technology, but I feel like L64 simply did a better job of using that technology here. I'd be anxious for L64 to put something like this on a speed 14 driver.