• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] SAREK, GOBI, and BRYCE

PBokor

Eagle Member
Did I miss a memo? Has Lat64 even hinted at overmolds prior to GBO? Didn't follow the brand (until now), so this may be old news to many.

Excited to have more choices and some needed competition for MVP (not that they are slacking but it never hurts a consumer to have competition among brands). :clap:

They have talked them up and tweeted about them some, but it's not been as much as you would think.

It is and iany competion for mvp. Yes it'd an overmold, but they didn't push the weight to the rim. They put out an article that , to paraphrase, said "we just want to make cool looking discs. Gyro technology does something, but we don't think it does enough." So, yes it's overmold, but it's overmold just to two tone their discs.

It is and iany competion for mvp. Yes it'd an overmold, but they didn't push the weight to the rim. They put out an article that , to paraphrase, said "we just want to make cool looking discs. Gyro technology does something, but we don't think it does enough." So, yes it's overmold, but it's overmold just to two tone their discs.

So it's the same as MVP?!?

So it's the same as MVP?!?

Negative - MVP/Axiom has more weight distributed to the rim to create more gyro movement, this does not, as in its still the same weight distribution - rims are just for the looks...unlike MVP/Axiom where the diff rims are for a reason.

I put in two full rounds with the Sarek, replacing my Gold Line Pure.

Early thoughts: It was very slick new which reduces the trust factor in grip and rip. As the rounds went on and I had to clean it up a few times, this disappeared as I expected. Lesson is, and this applies to the second one which I did not throw, give it a bath before you play.

As a driving putter: It is a touch more high speed stable than the Opto Pure and a little slower than the Gold Line Pure. It holds the line (flat, hyzer, or anhyzer) even at power and for the most part finishes flat when thrown flat. It likely will not accomplish anything you have not seen before. It does not seem any shorter or longer than expected. It reminds me a lot of a good Ion, which I guess is what is to be expected.

As an approach putter: Here I do not like it as much. It gets the job done, but some times it is difficult to judge how much power you are going to need. Most of the time I was over-shooting the intended landed spot. Here it reminded me a lot of the Warden where you get enough height to run at the basket, give it enough power so that it does not come up short or fade out early, and you will likely find yourself on the back side of the basket just out of putting reach.

As a putter: Here I could not dial it in at all. I was completely all over the place with zero confidence. I am far from a world class putter, probably in the lower half of the field, qualifying easily for the world's worst putter, but I had zero confidence with it. Once I was outside of 35 feet, it was impossible for me to run the basket. Maybe something with how it feels in the hand or some other convenient excuse, but I found myself putting nose up, which lead it to sailing over the basket. HOWEVER, once I was forced into a straddle putt, I dialed it in almost instantly. I grip the disc a little different and obviously I have a slightly different release trajectory from a straddle. It worked almost flawlessly.

I might keep one in each of my main two bags, but until they become more widely available, it might not be anything more than a curiosity to throw on fun rounds. It does not accomplish anything more than what I was already getting down with my Gold Line Pures. Still, if I were to get my hands on 1-3 more of them, I would be inclined to place them in my bag as a driving or straddle putter.

Gyro technology does something...pertinent words indeed.

Blizzard plastic with bubblicious rims set the distance records. What is it exactly that Gyro does?

Could be wrong but I thought the blitz with the bubbles in the flight plate were the ones that usually fared the best on distance lines? And that RPro Boss Wiggins threw.

RPro FTWR

I have a beautiful Silver Stamp on White RPro Boss waiting for a chance to be signed by Mr Wiggins

Zion?

21730995_1423889584332480_5073789531692950782_n.jpg

Nice. Keeping with the Nat'l park theme. TBH, just for the looks doesn't do much for me. I'd rather see an established company like Lat64 make overmold versions of some of their existing discs pushing some of the benefits of overmolding.

I can say after several years of mostly MVP in the bag that sample consistency is the key feature of overmolding. When producing a one part mold, the cooling rates of different plastics is more notable in their relative stability. With overmolds, the core cools, then the wing is injection molded on afterwards with only a very small amount of material to cool relative to the one part disc. The various cooling rates of the core plastics has no effect on the wing. The result in practice from a throwers perspective is re-buying the same disc you expect to get time after time. Nothing is perfect, but MVP produce highly consistent discs.

I'd like to see the same consistency out of a number of existing Trilogy molds.

Zion will be an overstable fairway driver with numbers of 9/3/0/4. Release date is Black Friday. I will not be trying this one.

I threw the Bryce on a ball golf course yesterday. It went fairly straight with a small turn and fade. It seems to fit between a Saint and a River. Looking forward to playing a round with it this weekend.

I ran across a Starek looking though a stack of MVP, and thought it was a Proxy for about 30 seconds. Feels a lot like one in Hand but maybe a little chunkier.

These look cool, but not worth the 21.99 the store had them at.