• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scenic Courses

A brand new course, Chattooga Belle Farm, in Longcreek, SC has views of mountains in three states. There's a pictorial tour of the course at SCdoubles.com. Some pictures here, too, on DFcoursereview.

Ashe County Park in West Jefferson, NC is very scenic and has lots of great views. Also, I've got to give a shout out to Sugaree, but it's a different kind of scenic, with lots of boulders and old trees.

Never played it. But I'm guessing Golden gate park in San Fran is in the top 5!?

Im gonna have to bust out Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI. Very scenic views from top of the hill looking out at the Kewaunee river valley. Super chill spot....

I think the most scenically interesting course I have played is Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI. This is how I described it in my review:
The beauty of this course is absolutely stunning! What is even more amazing is that it has 5 (or more) distinct "feels" that are all absolutely stunning: Tahoe-esque trails, dense prairie grass areas, northwood pinestands (where you can peek out into cornfields - knee high by the 4th of July, baby!), Appalachian beauty, and New England-eqsue manicured grass complete with split rail snake style fencing. It is so cool how you transition from one to the next and feel like you have walked into a whole new world each time. The view of Lake Michigan from the top of the ski slope and the fish hatchery ponds are a nice added bonus….too bad the pond is no longer in play! Regarding seclusion, at least 16 of the holes (of 27 total) have you feeling nicely off in nature…..which is more than you can ask for on any 18-hole course!

Im gonna have to bust out Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI. Very scenic views from top of the hill looking out at the Kewaunee river valley. Super chill spot....

darn it.....you beat me to it! :clap:

I guess there can only be one coolest guy in the world. :thmbup:

Timber Ridge in Bedford Va, Zephyr Cove on Lake Tahoe, Nevada , Stafford Lake Navoto Ca, Boyland Family Farms, NC. And Pebble Beach, Monterey Ca. Yes, I saw someone play a hole with a disc.

The combo of Phantom Falls in Pine, CO and Beaver Ranch in Conifer Colorado, the "Dirty 50". If you add the backdoor drive from the Phantom to Beaver Ranch DGC along the south platt river, 2nd to NONE!!

Some of the most scenic courses I've played have been on ski hills, Sunrise in Wrightwood CA and Brian Head in UT are both stunning. The Rim Rock, also in UT, is beautiful in a very different way.

Timber Ridge in Bedford Va, Zephyr Cove on Lake Tahoe, Nevada , Stafford Lake Navoto Ca, Boyland Family Farms, NC. And Pebble Beach, Monterey Ca. Yes, I saw someone play a hole with a disc.

Laurel Springs Open...not many are around that have had the pleasure to play, let alone see, what was once the best course at the greatest tournament ever. Boyland Family Farms...I have several discs with the farm logo and the tournament logo.

I second the Old English., nothing like playing disc golf and cruising in a gold cart all day long. Hole 14 there was rated one of the best in the world in Disc Golfer. Some of the most scenic I've played is the Steady Ed Memorial in Appling, GA, Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC, Blue Ribbon Pines in East Bethel, MN, and Mt. Airy in Cincinnati, OH. The view from 18 at Richmond Hill at sunset is beautiful with the mountains off in the distance and the sun slowing resting behind them. The holes along the Lake Thurmond on Steady Ed are just so peaceful too. I could go on and on about these courses but what does everyone else have to offer?

Humbolt State University - Arcata CA
Delaveaga - Santa Cruz CA
Codorus Red (or Blue, whichever is the old one) - Hanover PA
Walnut Creek - Charlottesville VA
Hawk Hollow - VA
Brandywine - DE

The view from 18 at Richmond Hill at sunset is beautiful with the mountains off in the distance and the sun slowing resting behind them. The holes along the Lake Thurmond on Steady Ed are just so peaceful too. I could go on and on about these courses but what does everyone else have to offer?
Ironically, I just uploaded this picture I took from Steady Ed's #13 to the course page. It's also my desktop picture as well. It's definitely one of my fav's.
8e813442.jpg

I also know exactly what you mean about Richmond Hills #18. That is a fantastic view! It's another one of my favorites. I tried to fix it in photoshop, it was really bright out that day.
18fairwayfixed.jpg

Another favorite of mine is on a really small course in Charleston. (John's Island DGC) It just has that "Low Country South Carolina" vibe.
0410101520.jpg

Gonna post some more love for WI. Tower ridge 1 and 2, especially tower 2 right behind the little bathroom building looks over the treetops. Eau Claire, WI.

Glenwood Mountain College is probably the most scenic I've played. Just beautiful.

Bryant Lake is also very beautiful, looking over the lake.

Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area is less nature scenic, but has a great view of the cities from atop the ski hills.

Blue Ribbon Pines should be mentioned for the amazing pines (hence the name)

There are other beautiful park ones but those I thought I'd mention. Lots of great park courses in Iowa, but no broad "views" like in colorado or at the three river courses in Minnesota.

Latest posts