• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokely 2014 Throwing Clinics - Which Courses Should I Choose?

Just wanted to say welcome back Scott. I started playing when you were in your prime :) I still remember watching you throw in Sinnissippi. You threw your magnet farther then most anyone could throw at the time.

Another option for MN would be the Albert lea area. I can put you in contact with the people you would need to make it happen here. Albert lea has a good collection of people that get things done.

The Cincinnati, Ohio area would love to see you stop by again, Scott.
Welcome back. I followed you and Climo around during the '98 Worlds at Cabin Creek and Oxford.

After a 13 year break from disc golf I've decided to hit the road again and bring back the "National Champion Scott Stokely's Disc Golf Throwing Clinics" at 75 courses around the US and Canada. At each event I will provide a FREE throwing clinic teaching both basic and advanced disc golf techniques . After each clinic will be an optional round of random draw doubles with small entry fee.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT

1. Which courses or regions could I expect the largest turnouts
2. Who is the contact person at that course

--------------------------------------------------

EVENT DETAILS

*** Each event will include a 1 hour throwing clinic followed by 1 round of random draw doubles.
*** The throwing clinic will be completelyFREE and everyone is welcome.
*** Doubles is optional and will cost $10-$15.
*** I am looking for recreational players as well as league/tournament players.
*** I will market at the event course as well as the surrounding courses so I'm looking for both the most active courses as well as the most active regions.
*** These events are a great opportunity to market the sport in your city and I will work with local media and help in any way I can

MY RESUME

1995-1998 - World Record for the longest throw (656' 6" - Discraft X-Clone)
1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL)
2000-Current - World record for the longest siderarm throw
2000-Current - World record for the fastest throw
17 World and National Disc Golf Titles:
*** 2 World pairs titles
*** 2 World mi/xed-pairs titles
*** 2 US Open Titles
*** 4 National pairs titles
*** 2 National Tough Shot Titles
*** 2 World Distance Titles
*** 2 US Open Distance Titles
37 State Titles in Disc Golf, Distance, DDC, MTA, Accuracy and Freestyle
I think you should really try castle hayne dg park. it is a world class course. To contact the local club you can look up new hanover disc golf club. The web page has contact info.

I think you should really try castle hayne dg park. it is a world class course. To contact the local club you can look up new hanover disc golf club. The web page has contact info.
castle hayne is the home of the azalea tournament. It is located in wilmington, NC. The disc golf club keeps the course very clean and well taken care of. I think it would be a great place for a clinic. also, it would help to promote disc golf in this area.

Twin Cities for sure. My vote is Blue Ribbon Pines. They have a website if you want to call them. You could do two clinics here, one in the North Metro and one South. Maybe Kaposia would work for the Southern.

yeah seriously, come up here and do it at BRP on the driving range hole. that'd be freaking awesome. i would go.

Oregon Park, Marietta, Georgia

Oregon Park is one of the busiest Disc Golf parks in Metro Atlanta. We have a driving area, a practice putting area and 18 holes, each with two permanent tees and two permanent baskets. Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss. Bob Williams 678-613-7450 or [email protected]

castle hayne is the home of the azalea tournament. It is located in wilmington, NC. The disc golf club keeps the course very clean and well taken care of. I think it would be a great place for a clinic. also, it would help to promote disc golf in this area.
[email protected]

Welcome back scott, you were always a great player to watch and it would be great to learn from you! If possible it would be awesome if you would come visit stafford woods in vorhees new jersey http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5583
We have a growing club scene and new courses are in the works as well. With this comes a lot of new players, that could use some instruction. What would be even better, is if you would stop by this spring to show a bunch of juniors i will be running a league for, a thing or two. Let me know if this would be possible, Finlay. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 6097811870

How about Kalamazoo? There are plenty of courses to choose from, and I know the turn-out would be great. We hosted the 2008 Worlds, and will be hosting the 2015 Amateur Worlds. During our last day of winter league this past Sunday, your name was brought up, as in, "I wonder what happened to Scott Stokely?"

If you are passing through California. We have a big club scene in San Jose at Parque de La Raza. Feldberg did a putting clinic there a few years ago that drew really well.

+1 for DFW

I imagine Veteran's Park would be the best venue if you want a big turnout. Greg Browning is the president of the Arlington Disc Golf Association. You can email him from the contact link at http://arlingtondiscgolf.org

stokely_zpscd48af7a.jpeg

p.s. Hi Scott!

Sweet XL!!

Abilene TX is small, but we had over 30 people show up to the JohnE McCray clinic. We would love to have you as well!

Latest posts