• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokely 2014 Throwing Clinics - Which Courses Should I Choose?

I bet they would love you to come during the week of the BG AMs, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be down for a clinic

Awesome to have you back, Scott!

St. Louis has one of the largest active clubs in the nation. I believe that you passed through years ago when things weren't nearly as peachy as they are now. We have an A Tier on the last day of May/first day of June... this would be a great time to figure something out if possible. Check out www.stlouisdiscgolfclub.com and get a hold of the Prez or VP (me) and we will work with you to make it happen...whenever the date! Time to let the big dog rip!

Please come to Cranbury Park in Norwalk, Connecticut.

Actually, contact me (Craig Smolin), Bobby Cowperthwaite, and Whit Cooper on facebook at Cranbury Park Disc Golf. We've been discussing doing a clinic for the casual/recreational players and families that return to our course each spring/summer. Bobby was recently picked up by Innova (I know - the "enemy") ... but having two legit pros running a clinic would go a long way to getting approval from our parks department, as well as generating the growth interest in our club that we need.

More than that though, Connecticut (and New England in general) has a vibrant disc golf community via the New England Flying Disc Association (NEFA), and you would definitely draw players from New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. We're not as big as Florida, Michigan, Texas, or California, but as an overall region, we are as strong as anyone with an established year long point series, team challenge series, some of the longest running Ice Bowls in the nation, and several high profile pros and tournament directors.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Im also going to suggest michigan. However I would suggest either Hudson Mills, Kensington, or the Gulch. All three have frequent leagues and the A3 Disc Golf Club is super super active out there.

Awesome to have you back, Scott!

St. Louis has one of the largest active clubs in the nation. I believe that you passed through years ago when things weren't nearly as peachy as they are now. We have an A Tier on the last day of May/first day of June... this would be a great time to figure something out if possible. Check out www.stlouisdiscgolfclub.com and get a hold of the Prez or VP (me) and we will work with you to make it happen...whenever the date! Time to let the big dog rip!
Stokely was in St. Louis around '99 I think. He was in town for several days before the Mid Am that year. I was out there when he was playing Sioux, it was eye-opening. He took routes I'd never seen anyone take. We found X-Clones in places discs shouldn't have been for a couple weeks after he was gone. He was just on a completely different level. The only guys I ever watched throw and was just blown away like they were playing a totally different game than I was were Sam Ferrans and Scott Stokely. There is just something about watching a disc go that far, and not a lot of guys could do that back then.

Stokely ended up not playing Mid Am that year; I drove all the way out to Albert-Oakland to see him throw again and he decided to take the weekend off. I got to see Ron Russell battle Crazy John on the top card, which was cool. Not half as cool as watching Stokely play, though.

I digress...I'm sure a bunch of us that live in the Missouri boonies would be up for a road trip if he came back to St. Louis.

Vista Del Camino would probably be your best bet in Phoenix. You can contact the AZDGC club via Facebook for assistance.

Lexington, KY

The new incoming Jacobson Park disc golf course... lots of variety.

We have a dg community that is getting much larger... and I believe we could draw from the Louisville community.

Check out the GBO in Emporia, Kansas the 1st week of May. Tons of golfers of every level from all over the country.

Oh, yeah, what Scarpfish said! Oak Park, Wichita, KS. You can contact me.

Hi Scott! Glad to see you're getting back in the swing of things. If you're passing through on I-40 stop in and say Hi. Let me know ahead of time and I'll make some space if you need to stay overnight. Really enjoyed your last demo here and I'm sure the others would come out for the experience again.

I have worked in conjunction with several pros to host clinics in the Atlanta area over the past 6-7 years including; Climo, Feldberg, Schusterick, P Pierce, A Jenkins, etc. Feel free to touch base if you're interested as we have an ideal location for these events. Welcome back! Bob

Tulsa or Pawhuska Oklahoma. We have an amazing course called The Lodge as well as many other courses in the Tulsa area that are worth "The drive"

The world record for the longest siderarm throw is 511' 3" with a Discraft XS
The World record for the fastest throw is 91 mph with a Discraft XL

It'd be great if you could stop by Pittsburgh (Moraine, Deer Lakes, or Knob Hill most likely). They are hosting Worlds next year, after all, Scott!

Latest posts