• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

season is closing :(

fasteddie

Eagle Member
Welp I had a good year. My bag hasn't changed and I achieved my goal of ending 915 or above.

The first snows are hitting here in the northern mitt. I'm looking into the near boring,cold,long winter ahead, realizing my favorite activity is about to be shelved for a while.

I'm going to make some head way on my cigar box guitar projects. I have some beautiful koa/purple heart/and coco boa waiting for me in the shed and the GF has been complaining about the stacks of empty cigar boxes for said project.

I also just bought an xbox one in light of the release of fallout 4 and backwards compatibility.

So that's how I'm spending my winter (save for the two winter rounds a week that are more of a fix than anything else).

How are you spending yours?

Two rounds a week is "shelved"? Just how addicted are you?

It's only the offseason here because the daylight has dwindled. We regular-schedule folks are down to weekends, half of which will be cold and rainy. But it's a short offseason; by February it'll be light long enough to squeeze in a quick round after work.

The first snows are hitting here in the northern mitt. I'm looking into the near boring,cold,long winter ahead, realizing my favorite activity is about to be shelved for a while.

I've given serious thought to moving back up north over the past few years. Then I remember the epic winters and all the time spent indoors.

Here in NC there is typically no more than 4 weeks or so of cold that I can't stand playing golf. Plenty of time to practice here before my favorite tournaments start up (April/May). Think I may stay put.

It's only the offseason here because the daylight has dwindled. We regular-schedule folks are down to weekends, half of which will be cold and rainy. But it's a short offseason; by February it'll be light long enough to squeeze in a quick round after work.

That's how I feel... since moving the clocks back, we lose daylight about 5:30 or so... can't get to a course in time for a weekday round after work. After the first heavy snowfall, it takes me a while to embrace the fact that it's ribbon time, but a Michigan winter is no reason not to play... then again people are pu*ssies in the UP winters are tougher in the UP. :p

Last edited:
It's funny, I actually like the "offseason". I work 3pm to 1130pm mon - Friday, so I'm totally excluded from all the weeknight leagues and regular rounds during the summer months. I pretty much only play solo rounds and tournaments during the season so I don't get much chance to plug in to the local scene. When we loose all the daylight now I'm the guy with the great schedule for discing :)

We have a few seasons in the south. Hot, Really Hot, back to Hot, and Cool enough to wear pants.

We might get below 80 next week. The humidity has been a little less than summer. However, dark at 5:30 PM means no rounds after work (not sure if my course is safe enough for glow rounds).

I plan on playing. Throwing frisbees when it's 0 degrees out is its own type of special fun.

I break out my snowshoes and only play about once every other week. And you gotta bring along the shovel to take care of the tee pads. Also I don't mind playing with ribbon but I love the excuse to use my 150 champion Zephyr, no need for ribbon even in deep snow.

I played an alarming amount of disc golf throughout winter last year (which was pretty bad in the north east).

Playing in the snow isn't too bad, its just losing of discs thats the real problem. But staying warm and whatnot isn't a problem.

It was weird here in Connecticut... its like it snowed every weekend and added 4-8inches of wet snow on the layer before. We weren't hit as hard as Boston, but damn during the local ice bowls/casual rounds we were actually standing on about a good foot of compacted wet snow.

The reason I did get a lot of play in was because one of my buddies has a cool little 9 hole disc golf course in his back yard. Legit 260-360ft holes on it too. So we could squeeze quick rounds in on weekdays and weekends and even do field work without fear of permanently losing discs (if you lost one in the snow you knew it would surface eventually by spring).

Reasons to love winter golf

1. No traffic

2. This stuff on the ground is hard to walk through. Im burnin calories bro! :clap:

3. I can play cool skip lines now and not worry if it's mow the fairways day

4. Stouts taste magically better when out on the course

5. Oh you don't keep your game tight year round bro? Good luck at that tournament in March.

6. Manliness

Latest posts