• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle to Dallas

chopz33

Eagle Member
first time to ever post in here...

only have 5 days to make the trip so i'd like to try and play as many courses as possible while not getting too far off track

making this trip mid-october

and its actually Packwood, WA which is south of Seattle
so looking at the map it looks like my route will be Packwood WA to Boise, ID
then Salt Lake over to Denver, then through Wichita down through Oklahoma

im sure i can hit some nice courses..

I think lots of parts of the country that you're going through are somewhat DGCR wasteland in regards to members....
Also, hasn't been much action on here this weekend. Be patient and put together at least a beginning list of your route and course ideas you're looking at; and folks will begin to chime in.

I can say that I've got a course near Denver, and one in Oklahoma on my small wish list. I'll have to do a little research to say more...

Are you taking I-90 through Spokane or will you be cutting south before you get that far?. Some great courses here and in N Idaho.

Looks like Denver is going to be your best bet. Might I also suggest if you want something extreme - taking the Montana way instead and hitting Diamond X. The actual route time is similar to going through Idaho, but it's Diamond X - enough said.

Pretty much hit Dallas/FW - Harry Myers, and Lester Lorch
Hit Denver/Conifer - Beaver Ranch & Phantom Falls
Hit Montana - Diamond X
If you do go through to Salt Lake city though - you may want to just spend your whole DG time in the mountain areas of Colorado - it doesn't get much better than that.

i live in dallas so im familiar with the DFW courses.. was looking for some must play or nice courses up north

Diamond X, and Beaver Ranch, Phantom Falls FTW. Also, in Oklahoma, the Lodge in Pawhuska. A buddy, who has played more than 100 courses was there a month or so ago, and said it's the best he's ever played. These are three of the four that are on my wish list for the entire country.

Most mentioned will take some time to play; and two of the three have multiple courses on site as well. So, five days goes quick. You planning on not sleeping and driving all night? :)

Z-Boaz in Fort Worth, Texas is a great course.

Let me know when you plan on playing. I live near Lester Loach. Always down to play.

Most mentioned will take some time to play; and two of the three have multiple courses on site as well. So, five days goes quick. You planning on not sleeping and driving all night? :)

no there is a buddy of mine who is going to go with me and he plays as well...so we will rotate with the driving and stuff

ok this is coming up real soon

already planning on Beaver Ranch in Denver area.
needing some more must plays in Boise, Denver, Salt Lake City, Wichita and Oklahoma City

and any courses that arent too far from these major cities and highways

thanks

play ann morrison in boise- nice 20 hole in a park setting- well kept course

edora park ft. collins, been years since i played, but a nice course as well.

Another one in Denver would be Jonny Roberts in Arvada. Such a classic course. Short and slightly technical. Just a fun course to play. Then if you head on down towards Pueblo on your way to Texas then Pueblo city park is a great course!