• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Seen a dragon lately?

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
They had 2 at PIAS and they were clearish like champ plastic...it definitely felt better than the "vampire teeth" plastic as someone else put it but it is still stiffer than champ but not as stiff as the mutate dragon plastic.

I was tempted to pick a 150 Dragon (maybe they're all 150?) for my wife to throw when I was shopping for her, picked up a 150 archangel instead, shoulda pulled the trigger on the dragon tho, sorta candy plastic (probly candy ass plastic as it was 7.95 hehe)had a cool stamp and they float, don't they?

The wife threw that archangel for a while, but lost interest eventually and went back to her Z AvengerSS 168 and Sidewinder Star 150 (RHBH)

They were all shiny and not see thru when my daughter got one...she goes for the animals....luckily she has gotten wise and throws her 116g roc and 150 element almost exclusively now.

Just picked up one a month or so ago for my 6 yr old son. Playing courses with creek crossings, he gets scared to throw near water, so I got the Dragon since it floats, plus I thought a light understable driver may be good for him. He's throwing it OK, but still not as good as his 138g Archangel, or his 150g KC Roc. But when we did play the creek holes, he's not scared to throw it over it as much now using his Dragon.
I did throw it a few times myself, I like the feel of this plastic, but not sure how it's going to hold up once it bangs a few trees. For my son, it should be fine, but an adult, it may "beat in" pretty fast.

So does anyone actually know what plastic it is? Is it still just the floating DX plastic, but somehow clear?

I was under the impression it was some type of R-Pro when I saw them last, but Innova still has them listed as only being produced in DX.

It's a weird, weird type of plastic. Clear, champish sorta plastic only not as nice.

Dragon for trade, pm if interested. Heh. ;)

I just picked up a dragon for a friend as more of a joke than anything.
I had seen one before that was an awful feeling dx plastic that just felt cheap, and it was not see through.
This one looks like champion plastic, and is pretty grippy. I had to go out in the field to throw it. I figured I would have to hyzer flip it since they are all 150. Didn't need to on first throw. Second throw was flat, and did a little bit of an s-curve.

Very interesting disc indeed!

The Dragon is in the same boat as the Birdie putter, most people like them and they are nice discs, you just feel dumb being caught using it.

Like the old joke, riding scooters/mopeds is awesome till your friends catch you on one.

I have a Dragon that I can throw and it will give me an extra 35' of distance pretty easily. Bigger arms will flip it and crash and burn and weaker arms it will hyzer out if you dont get the speed. I guess it is just a funny disc for that reason.

I put mine away because it almost felt like I was stealing some extra distance for my 300' arm, but I wonder if my fiance could throw it well as she wouldnt care.

I have the dx one, doesn't seem too bad. I let people borrow it, the floating bit has already saved it a few times.

The Dragon is in the same boat as the Birdie putter, most people like them and they are nice discs, you just feel dumb being caught using it.

Like the old joke, riding scooters/mopeds is awesome till your friends catch you on one.

I dunno.. I have a hot pink Dragon that I pull out exclusively for throwing over lakes and water hazards, and I don't feel at all dumb about throwing it while everyone else in the group is worrying about losing their favorite disc to the water hazard. The way I see it, it's a totally expendable disc, with a reasonable chance of recovery if I do land in the water, that cost me half as much as any of my other drivers. Being totally expendable gives me a lot more confidence to just launch it out straight out over the water. Also, the hot pink may help with that, too..

I dunno.. I have a hot pink Dragon that I pull out exclusively for throwing over lakes and water hazards, and I don't feel at all dumb about throwing it while everyone else in the group is worrying about losing their favorite disc to the water hazard. The way I see it, it's a totally expendable disc, with a reasonable chance of recovery if I do land in the water, that cost me half as much as any of my other drivers. Being totally expendable gives me a lot more confidence to just launch it out straight out over the water. Also, the hot pink may help with that, too..

Oh I completely agree, I've just seen people laugh at or make stupid jokes about players using dragons and birdies. My 11 year old son has both and throws both pretty well.

Whatever floats your boat, or in this case, whatever disc that floats.

:p

Latest posts