• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Seer

ya.. I am a little skeptical about what I'm going to be able to do with a bunch of understable plastic in the trilogy challenge.. can I use last year's discs in this year's challenge? :)

also, sweet underworld in the profile pic!

It's called finesse, guys! :D

I got the flattest/highest PLH Seer in tourney plastic I could find at Infinite today (173G). Threw it alongside a 7/10 dx eagle L and a fresh dx Cheetah.

The eagle already has a lot of turn so it wasn't a good comparison at all but the Cheetah and the Seer are pretty much identical at my power, with the Seer being about 15 ft longer on average (I throw fairways about 300').

They even look pretty similar in profile (although the Seer is just a touch wider in overall diameter).

Also don't care what the PDGA or Westside say this disc is 1.6cm rim width not 1.8cm.

Never thrown a KC Cheetah but this for sure is a good dx Cheetah in more durable plastic.

The Seer did seem to start fading just a touch later than the Cheetah but otherwise flew about the same.

Really wasn't expecting much out of this disc but I am liking it a lot.

Mine seemed to be a slower thief. Looked identical. Then I proceeded to lose it in the tournament on it's very first course throw. :banghead:

Tempting to get this one, but my Patriot is filling this hole well enough so far. I like the idea of a smaller rim though.

I think Westside messed up and sent us the Finnish stamp names. Haven't checked google but I have a feeling Seer is Cheetah in Finnish. I have no idea why there is a woman on the stamp instead of a Cheetah (perhaps she is a Were-cheetah?).

All pics the Seer is blue and on the left, DX Cheetah is red and on the right:

picture.php

Pretty similar, you can see the big difference is the thicker nose on the seer.

picture.php

Pretty similar total height as well (I did pick my Seer for flatness and higher PLH).

picture.php

That is in no way a 1.8 rim width. I measured them with calipers and they are the same 1.6. All of my Eagles and Tbirds have wider rims measured by caliper. I only have one 1.8 rim and it is a FD, you can tell from looking at a casual glance that an FD is much wider.

So if you enjoy Cheetahs I am sure you will enjoy the Finnish version.

Pic might not show well, the cheetah above is the same width. I didn't take pics of any of my Eagles or an FD.

I really feel like the Seer is a modern Cheetah. The wing is transitioned into the nose unlike the Cheetah which has that lip before the nose. Definitely the gem of the new releases {especially considering all the talk (and sales) of the bard}. That might be because I like that rim size though. 1.6cm is sweet.

oooooh. well, it looked wider to me.

it is pretty awesome that they're making smaller rimmed drivers. if someone could make a slightly OS gazelle...

Yeah I would be all over that too. Bought a circle stamp Cheetah and it is just too beefy, I throw my mids as far. None of the sweet speed 6's turn out right in champ.

So I haven't had much if any experience with the discs everyone is comparing with the Seer. So compare it to the Witness. Faster/slower? More OS/US? Any info is appreciated!

So I haven't had much if any experience with the discs everyone is comparing with the Seer. So compare it to the Witness. Faster/slower? More OS/US? Any info is appreciated!

I've never clicked 100% with the Witness for some reason. I get a good flip to flat out of the Witness, but not a turnover out of it. I find the Seer to be a little more predictable and controllable. Seer is a tick slower, feels smaller in the hand, but likely runs similar lines.

I will agree with the above poster that this is not a 1.8 cm rim. Feels closer to a Warship than a Witness, honestly. It's like driver distance in a tweener mid/fairway body.

I've never clicked 100% with the Witness for some reason. I get a good flip to flat out of the Witness, but not a turnover out of it. I find the Seer to be a little more predictable and controllable. Seer is a tick slower, feels smaller in the hand, but likely runs similar lines.

I will agree with the above poster that this is not a 1.8 cm rim. Feels closer to a Warship than a Witness, honestly. It's like driver distance in a tweener mid/fairway body.

Totally agree with the tweener statement. I love the control of this disc, but it outflies my mids. Much less picky than my underworlds. I can throw it high on an anny and hold, or flat and get a sliw right turn, or I can hyzer flip it, anny flex a bit, or let it ride a simple hyzer.

Really a disc for any player level, and one that just seemed point and shoot for me personally.

Totally agree with the tweener statement. I love the control of this disc, but it outflies my mids. Much less picky than my underworlds. I can throw it high on an anny and hold, or flat and get a sliw right turn, or I can hyzer flip it, anny flex a bit, or let it ride a simple hyzer.

Really a disc for any player level, and one that just seemed point and shoot for me personally.

Agreed. Would have no qualms recommending it to anyone, and would highly recommend for beginners.

Hoping my local shop has these in, as I am heading down there today.

I find it odd that even Westside's website would call it a 1.8 rim, when it is in fact smaller.

I like 1.6 rims like Gazelle.

The rim is close to the Diamond in feel, actually. Shallow and definitely not vertical like the Gazelle probably is.

Got me a 166 VIP today - agree about feeling like the Diamond in hand. It is noticably more shallow than most drivers.

Anyone have a tourney and a vip to compare? I really like my tourney seer, curious if the vip is any different if the weights are similar.

If this was an attempt at a cheetah clone (which I think it is) I would love to see them do the same for something like a Gazelle (pretty please).

Now I just need to make up my mind on what to throw when I want the same distance into the wind.

I got to compare the Seer to a Frost River, 166 vs 168 grams. The Seer, thrown with broken ankle power(got the cast off today), was arrow straight. The Frost River went somewhat further and faded much more.

As I regain normal strength, I think this disc will be a winner for tunnel shots.

Latest posts