• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Share Your Quick Tips

Focus on what you need to do to get the desired result, not on the result itself. It's easy to look at a shot and think okay I need to dial back on distance and get increased height and a little hyzer to hit my target, aaaaand THROW! You did nothing to actually produce the flight you just envisioned. I stead, think in terms of what you need to do in the little bubble of space and time where you can actually affect what the disc will do once it's out of your hand.

Film yourself throwing and watch that in slow motion. It helped me hugely to improve my technique. (There are lots of videos out there to compare your technique and timing against, most notably Danny Lindahl's Pro vs. Am side by side form comparison.)

Where would be a good place to get one of these for training purposes?

I went to Wal Mart and bought the Golds Gym yellow 48" medium one, it was just under $7. It's ideal to use indoors. JohnE also has a Golds Gym band, his looks like the one a little longer than the one I have. Either way they are a great training aid, I highly recommend getting one and doing the drills in the video. It comes with a pamphlet showing more ways to use it as well. On a recommendation scale of 1-10, I give it a 10+ for any level disc golfer.

+1 for the band. I got a cheap one at big lots, way shorter than what I usually see. I cut and tied one end to an eye-bolt I put in my wall at the right height (make sure bolt is at least 2" long, #10 or bigger, and must hit a wood stud in the wall). When I am not using the band I can hang my DG bag on it so it stays hidden.

I went to Wal Mart and bought the Golds Gym yellow 48" medium one, it was just under $7. It's ideal to use indoors. JohnE also has a Golds Gym band, his looks like the one a little longer than the one I have. Either way they are a great training aid, I highly recommend getting one and doing the drills in the video. It comes with a pamphlet showing more ways to use it as well. On a recommendation scale of 1-10, I give it a 10+ for any level disc golfer.
Yup, the yellow one. I screwed one handle to a closet door frame about nipple high, really works great for forehand reps.

+1 for the band. I got a cheap one at big lots, way shorter than what I usually see. I cut and tied one end to an eye-bolt I put in my wall at the right height (make sure bolt is at least 2" long, #10 or bigger, and must hit a wood stud in the wall). When I am not using the band I can hang my DG bag on it so it stays hidden.

Big Lots ftw lol ;)

I can count my reps backward in sets of 30 :p

JohnE would be impressed!

Yup, the yellow one. I screwed one handle to a closet door frame about nipple high, really works great for forehand reps.

I just put the nylon part that connects the handle to the band between a door and close it, like the guy in sw's video below.

This is a resistance band that has a disc or handle, it's pretty neat.
http://www.powersnapdiscgolf.com

That is a good idea, I might have to sacrifice an old DX junk disc and make one of these disc attachments. :thmbup:

Why did I not think to pinch it in the door? <facepalm>

I think I will try attaching a disc tonight...

Field practice tip:
1. Count the discs you have with you
2. Practice
3. Just before leaving count the number of discs you have
4. If the number of discs counted in step 3 is less than the number of discs counted in step 1 go looking for discs until the number counted in 3 is equal or greater than the number counted in 1.

I would add to rule 4-- if 1 and 3 don't add up start throwing again until they do.

1. Respect the putt

2. Always warm up your arm before a round. Even at 170 grams if it's the heaviest thing you've picked up that day a disc will feel heavy in hand. Lift something like your bag a few reps until discs feel nice and light.

3. Respect the putt.