• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sharpie art on discs?

Broken Saint !

Yeah , whatever they say , if I could draw like that , I'd be drawing on my discs too ! That's some nice artwork !

Even the ball golf numbers on discs are a bit above my capabilities ! At least to make them decent ! :wall:

That is nice work^

My Friend String74 has started sharpie art on his discs. He looks at a picture and draws it and then colors it in. He had a few with him at work this morning and I snapped some pictures. It is impressive to me.
The Beast is on a Beast. Hello Kitty on a Pink Vector because it was pink and his daughter loves hello kitty. The Devil is on a Valkerie. He has done others as well.:clap:

Attachments

• IMAG0338.jpg
    IMAG0338.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0339.jpg
    IMAG0339.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0340.jpg
    IMAG0340.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 158
Here is a Destroyer with a scorpion he is working on. He still has to color in his initials BS

Attachments

• IMAG0341.jpg
    IMAG0341.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 136
Star Locutus Boss

Not sure if there are any Trekkies in the house, but I drew this design on one of my discs with a black pen.. Took me about 3 hours to complete it.

Star "Locutus" Boss

558021_10200586076990956_1099542981_n_zps58bb9eb5.jpg

Thanks! Your artwork is good too.
I was thinking about possibly drawing Worf wielding a bat'leth on a beast next, or maybe just trying something completely different. I can't draw original artwork very well, but I'm pretty good at redrawing pictures. The only time that I ever draw is on discs. Here are two sharpie art discs I've made. Not as good as my Locutus disc, but still were fun little drawings.

Star "Alli" Gator

IMAG0078_zps29b8f714.jpg

Star "Shangri-La" Wraith
IMAG0076_zps2c5a4be8.jpg

Art does not have to be freehand drawing! Stencils, tracing, etc. Whatever method you use is secondary to the creation of a vision you have. I sharpie all my discs with my name and #(I've been surprised how many discs I found with no contact info.) On occasion, I need to re-ink them as they get a little faded.

Art markers also work, but they do fade as the disc bounces in and out of baskets, off trees, through snow and mud, etc.

I've even found some Expo dry-erase markers remain embedded in DX plastic. There are so many combinations, though, that TRYING IT OUT is the only way you will really know what ink adheres and lasts on what plastic.

I do find that Sharpie requires several applications- the ink appears to remain on the surface of premium style plastics. As you push the tip around, it moves the ink with it, leaving clear marks of where your tip has been. LEt the ink cure, and re-color with even strokes in the same direction to avoid that "scribbled on" look as much as possible.

We have a regular "event" at our local course (Valmont, in Boulder, CO) every Saturday at Noon. I try to scrounge up cheap/found discs that I ink up for the prize each week. I'll see if I'm clever enough to provide an example:

This disc went home with a guy who threw 7 under for the day.

Keep trying, you never know what you will do to amaze yourself and your friends!

Surge SS Sherif's Badge

Huh. So, I am not that clever. I'll try something else...

Attachments

• Surge with Badge.jpg
    Surge with Badge.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 112
SO, I've just discovered that DRY ERASE on top of SHARPIE on Elite Z plastic will dissolve and remove ALL the ink. Poop.

SO, I've just discovered that DRY ERASE on top of SHARPIE on Elite Z plastic will dissolve and remove ALL the ink. Poop.

You don't say? I've been looking for a way to remove my sharpie mistakes. I will have to test this theory. I don't know why that would work, though...

Sharpie Removal

Imagine my horror when I discovered that I had written an outline for a high school English class on their dry erase board using a PERMANENT SHARPIE!!! Luckily, a helpful Junior taught me that you can clear sharpie off of a dry-erase board by going over it with a dry-erase marker. The solution that carries the dry-erase ink will dissolve the sharpie ink, also. You can quickly remove the unwanted sharpie with just a little elbow grease.

I wasn't sure it'd work with the Xpress I'm doodling on, and thought the dry erase marker would fill in the "scribbled on" look that I have achieved. Nope, it just made it all disappear. TIme to start over!

Mayan Ball Player Design

Winter has finally socked in and I can't play. Can't even go shovel pads because the snow keeps coming!

So, to fill in the dead time, I've been tracing some cool images onto candy plastic. Here's one of a Mayan Ceremonial Ball Player. The image looks like this guy is choosing between flicking around, or tomahawking over.

Since I used acetone to take the bulk of the stamp off these discs, I've taken to labeling the "disc" the player is holding with the mold in question.

Yeesh, what a nerd I have become.

Attachments

• 174 Champ Groove.jpg
    174 Champ Groove.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 171

Latest posts