• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving cream design and Results

My first shaving cream die. I mainly did this disc because I ended up with a Volt and a Shock that were the same shade of yellow and I kept mixing them up. lol. The flaming effect I was going for turned out okay, I can definitely see a few things I'll try differently on my next attempt!

187093_g.jpg

187094_g.jpg

My first shaving cream die. I mainly did this disc because I ended up with a Volt and a Shock that were the same shade of yellow and I kept mixing them up. lol. The flaming effect I was going for turned out okay, I can definitely see a few things I'll try differently on my next attempt!

187093_g.jpg

187094_g.jpg

It looks like your shaving cream bed was too watery, which caused the disc to sink more quickly than the dye set - In my experience that causes the blurriness you're seeing.

It looks like your shaving cream bed was too watery, which caused the disc to sink more quickly than the dye set - In my experience that causes the blurriness you're seeing.

Yeah, it did seem a tad to liquidy. I tried to thicken it a bit with more shaving cream but I didn't use enough. Thanks for the input!

187093_g.jpg

187094_g.jpg

Nice job! definitely some great potential there, looks like the dye in the shaving cream bed may have been a bit bigger than the disc too. I always seem to do that too.

Try 2. This time I just grabbed a spare disc out of my trunk, but it turned out all-right. The lines running through the circle ended up looking a bit blurry.

187198_g.jpg

187199_g.jpg

^also.... champ, z and similar type plastics will also take dye well, but generally require longer dips/shaving cream baths... like 12 to 24 hours in some cases

fwiw I've found that the star,gl,esp stuff takes quickly but also seems to fade/blurr faster than clear type plasic. The dye will also creep in the champ stuff but takes a bit longer

Last edited:
What weight is that Stingray? If you ever decide that you're bored with it, let me know! :) Nice job!:thmbup:

Thanks man, I'll hit you up if I decide I want to sell it. Not sure of the weight off the top of my head, and I am out of town so don't have access to right now.

Question about posting pics from Photobucket ~
Should I use IMG or IMG thumb? I want just the picture to come up and not my whole library on Photobucket.

Question about posting pics from Photobucket ~
Should I use IMG or IMG thumb? I want just the picture to come up and not my whole library on Photobucket.

I copy the "direct" link and then use the "insert image" option (square that looks like yellow square w/gray mountains & gray moon icon).

IMG_2001.jpg

Latest posts