• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shive, Feldburg, MCCoy, Duffy

about as good as we could hope for- i voted for 3 of the 4.... hopefully shive will be able to play nice with the group while also affecting some changes...

about as good as we could hope for- i voted for 3 of the 4.... hopefully shive will be able to play nice with the group while also affecting some changes...

I am a fan of Shive's stance......hopefully some good comes out of this

Disappointed the hardest worker in Eastern PA Mike Solt didn't get a spot

I'm pretty bummed about Solt too. He brings a lot to this sport and it's a shame that more people didn't give him a shot.

I'm glad to see McCoy in. I for one am excited about this league point system. There aren't many tournaments within a few hours drive so being able to get in every week should attract a lot more players around my area.

4 new BOD for PDGA...what do u think?

:popcorn:

No surprise about Feldberg. I met Rebecca Duffy this week and she is super nice and has a very level head on her shoulders; she must be doing a lot of things right because she was the second highest vote tallier. McCoy is known as somewhat of a maverick but has been around the block many times and is an Okie folk hero. He will bring a lot of ideas and enthusiasm to the board and I actually have a slimmer of hope that he will get our bloated and redundant competition system fixed.

Shive has arguably the best background and experience but it seems like he has gone off the deep end; he is seeing conspiracies everywhere. Every year I work for a week with PDGA people and see how serious they take the responsibility of spending of membership monies and working as an egoless team. When all I see is practicality to the point of being frugal, these accusations and implications of corruption and power trips are outrageous. Despite what he surely sees as positive intentions, I see Shive butting heads at every step of the way to the point of being an intolerable disruption to progress.

Shive was the only guy I voted for who got in. Good to see some fresh faces on the board though.

There was a surplus of good candidates (to whom we should all offer thanks for running). My preference was for the folks with lots of TDing on their resumes, as I think its a vantage point to see things from players' and PDGA's perspective.

Shive no doubt got all the disgruntled vote, while the satisfied vote was split among the larger field. I hope he turns out to be a productive gadfly, and not just a minority vote on every issue.

Regardless---I'm glad someone's doing the job, and that it's not me.

Wonder if Shive can serve a full term this time. Doubt it.

Does anyone have a link to the results. I may be noobing it up, but I can't find anything.

I'm bummed that Solt didn't make it.

I wonder if Duffy would have been voted in if she was not a part of the discgolfplanet.tv live broadcasting crew?

thanks everyone who supported me.

Win or Lose...i'm still a huge advocate to grow our support. I'm eager to see the changes(positive or negative) the PDGA plans to attack.

thanks everyone who supported me.

Win or Lose...i'm still a huge advocate to grow our support. I'm eager to see the changes(positive or negative) the PDGA plans to attack.

We will both conquer next time 'round. I wrote up a statement and never sent it in.

:thmbup:

Latest posts