• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoe thread...go ahead, tell me how lame I am already!

discdoh

Birdie Member
All of the other shoe threads have shriveled up and died. I can't post my question on them, so here we go...

Does anyone have some input on the Vasque Transistor FS shoes? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VASQUE-MENS-TRANSISTOR-TRAIL-RUN-SHOE-S11-/370530407570?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item5645555492They seem to get a mixed bag of reviews online (mostly 4 & 5 star however). I am most concerned with how well they will hold up over time. I don't forehand, so toe drag is not an issue and I am generally pretty light on my feet.

What is your favorite trail running shoe? Gore-Tex is not necessary, as I already have my wet weather shoes covered. Looking for something light and ultra breathable. Most Merrells are too clunky to fit this description...

Last edited:
I've never worn Vasque, but I hear they're a good brand. I myself wear the Merrell Moab, which comes in a "ventilator" model that breathes very well. As far as I've seen, the Merrell Moab is the most popular shoe on the dg course.

REI sells all of the most popular brands of shoes among disc golfers (not sure about that particular model of Vasque), and is a really good place to shop for shoes. Also the staff is usually knowledgeable about what they're selling.

I really like my moabs. I got the waterproof version and have not been disappointed, even when it is hot and not wet. They have served me well even in 105 heat

These look pretty cool...

BKOLIOR.jpg

Gain a whole new perspective on the road ahead in the KEEN A86 TR athletic shoe. This sleek, water-resistant men's trail-running shoe has a breathable textile mesh upper and an asymmetrical lacing system for a glove-like fit that relieves pressure from common pressure points. An ultralight compression-molded polyurethane midsole and removable, high-rebound EVA insole deliver high-tech performance to every step. The lightweight, neutral KEEN A86 TR athletic shoe is finished with a lugged rubber sole that bites into a range of terrain

I wear the Merrel Chameleon HEX, but it looks like they only offer them in children's sizes now maybe. I'm really interested in the New Balance 1521. I need a real wide toe box and NB offers wide width, unlike Merrel. The HEX's I have are 1/2 size larger than I need to accomodate my fat toes.