• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should I add a Valk?

Valks become good turnover discs but aren't when new unless you have power.

I would recommend a DX stingray or star roadrunner/avenger SS.

The D XL is a flippier than a valk. Are you wanting something between the stalker and xl?

So, you want something flippier than a Stalker but not as flippy as a D XL?

*computing*

*computing*

*computing*

......JLS (35% chance of successful disc recommendation.)

Valks a great disc. Thrown in moderately windy to calm days. Great flip hyzer disc with tons of glide. Rim is a little thinnger making it easier to frip for all players. I went and tried ALL the faster drivers -- boss, katana, hurricane, groove, and in different plastics as well -- then decided to jump back down to slower drivers for distance. I throw destroyers and wraiths a lot, but my two C.S. Star valks are my big distance drivers. When there's open field, tail/not-so-stong winds, and lots of grounds to cover.. I ALWAYS reach for the Valk -- Flipped up flat, slight turn for half the flight, and fade back to str8 or just right of center. GREAT DISC!!! If not add it to your bag, you should atleast try one.

If you want something fairway-driver-ish. You'll be wanting a Leopard. Great distance, great glide, slight turn. Disc is easily shaped and flip-hyzered.

The Valk should do what you want it to if you don't get one that's too heavy. I couldn't get them to turn over until I ratcheted down from max weight to the low-mid 160s. Now I have no problem flipping 'em or using them as turnover drivers.

the valk is a good disc if you want flippy (i have one in my bag now) it will give you some nice S turns. but if you want flippy the roadrunner will turn all day. the monarch is a good flip disc to (i also have this in my bag) even though everyone seems to hate on it. on some holes i can drive my monarch past my katana.

If you really like Stalkers, keep buying more Stalkers because sooner than later you'll get a flippy one.

the valk is a good disc if you want flippy (i have one in my bag now) it will give you some nice S turns. but if you want flippy the roadrunner will turn all day. the monarch is a good flip disc to (i also have this in my bag) even though everyone seems to hate on it. on some holes i can drive my monarch past my katana.

the champion frankenvalk i have does a laser shot to the target when elevated 400ft out. Dirty hyzer flip will send the disc up hill on precise shots too. It's not a valk, it's a frankenvalk(thick edge), flies good in the wind too.

as for the any other valk, they do turn over too much if your not careful.

got a white esp stalker and it is really nice, must have. not as stable as the Z. The disc seems to hold lines much better than the Z, but it is a Stalker all day long.

jealous. I like ESP Stalkers but hate throwing the black ones for fear of losing them.

I'm hoping this CryZtal will solve my problems :)

Latest posts