• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show me your bag tags!

randomatt

Bogey Member
We're considering some different and unique ideas for new bag tags. I'd love to see all the interesting and cool bag tags that exist throughout the disc golf world.

Show me what you got.

Our clubs tag for this year.

Attachments

• tmp_24326-IMG_20160518_201646-735863705.jpg
    tmp_24326-IMG_20160518_201646-735863705.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 177
We pull branches from local courses and let them dry, slice them up and have them laser engraved(first 2 years they were hand engraved)

picture.php

Cool idea.....there's this one ninja branch that is always reaching out and knocking down my drive.....Can we cut it down and use it???? ;)

Well, I can dream and threaten that branch.

I'm gonna show it that picture, hope it straightens up and stops defending the fairway.

Here's my bag tag from Ryugaski. It's the result of stamping different colored wood stains with a layer of lacquer.

I have two plain, boring bag tags for local challenges, the Infinite Discs VIP club tag (haven't ran into anyone to challenge yet, though)

However, the ones I'm most proud of are the Reptilian Gator Claw - I have four local friends who all have animal tags: Rabbit Foot, two Gator feet, and a shark tooth - and we use those as challenge tags. Then there's the hand-knit (crochet?) DG Basket with a number on the inner "pole."

0uigKPD.jpg

Unique twist here... we issued standard tags (top 10 were gold) with number that you play for during any challenge round. Then the red tag with QR Code on it is assigned to each player permanently. You can scan this with any scanning application to find out your current "virtual" tag number.

What is a "virtual tag" you may ask? This solves the problem of low tags not showing up for league. If 17 folks show up, then 1-17 will be what you get when you scan and previous #1 is now 18 if he was a no show. I just sucks when you kill it at league and get #24. (that happened to me recently in Charlotte... :D

I think we can integrate this into a scorecard application pretty easily...

You can even scan the one in the picture to see I'm #16 and haven't been back this year!

picture.php

picture.php

The QR code tag is an Awesome Idea. I would be interested in hear more as to how these work behind the scenes.

Unique twist here... we issued standard tags (top 10 were gold) with number that you play for during any challenge round. Then the red tag with QR Code on it is assigned to each player permanently. You can scan this with any scanning application to find out your current "virtual" tag number.

What is a "virtual tag" you may ask? This solves the problem of low tags not showing up for league. If 17 folks show up, then 1-17 will be what you get when you scan and previous #1 is now 18 if he was a no show. I just sucks when you kill it at league and get #24. (that happened to me recently in Charlotte... :D

I think we can integrate this into a scorecard application pretty easily...

You can even scan the one in the picture to see I'm #16 and haven't been back this year!

picture.php

TOTALLY digging this idea.
Eliminates the need to remove your tag from your bag. Just scan it at check in to an event and you're added to the list.
It would require the check in person to submit scores but that is better than hoping someone at each event be "that guy".

I ALSO would be interested in hear more as to how these work behind the scenes(website, spreadsheet, etc)

you'd just need a QR code generator (tons of them online for free) and then submit that art to a company that does tags... easy peesy lemon squeezy...

not sure if this one worked... not tested yet... and this one is just for funzies

picture.php

Last edited:
Sounds easy enough. I assume every tag has a unique QR code? What does the QR code point to? What is the backend website or program?

My regular group plays an informal tournament twice a year. This is the #1 towel. We have them numbered from one to five.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20161105_114316.jpg
    IMG_20161105_114316.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 151
GRDGU Bag Tags

Bottle opener Tags made by 616 Disc

Attachments

• GRDGUtags.jpg
    GRDGUtags.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts