• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show us your bag mods!

Fucking Wow, wilos thats awesome!! 8) How does he like it?

Nice boxer! I have one too.

He doesn't mind wearing it, but I don't think that he loves it either. We have a Great Dane as well and she seems to like wearing it a lot more.

I pretty much have been taking both dogs for every casual round I play, eventually I got to thinking that they should be carrying all these discs and not me. Only thing I am worried about is what will happen if I let them run, might have discs scattered all over the course...

I think that I might need to get some disc golf patches put on it...needs a little bling...

nice! makes me want a dog lol. for the sake of not having your discs scatter everywhere in the event the dog does take off, put a "belt" or strap of some sort over the top the opening where the discs go in.

I thought about having a flap or a velcro strap, but I never really like having to deal with opening the thing on my other bags. I usually just leave it open. We will see how things go and if they need to be added.

Pictures from the course will be posted as soon as it stops raining...

i went the easy way and bought dog packs for my dogs (one is a lab and other is boxer mix)
they zip open and hold ~12 discs each, the packs have held up well for a couple of years and if you get the kind that is more harness-like the dog can pull you up hills!
gator-rolling always dumps my discs if the zippers are open so be careful of letting the dog roam
i only use mine on courses where the dogs stay with me so i don't worry about losing any...

Report on usability; The bag works well. This discs stay in even when the dogs shake or run...a gator roll might cause an issue. If the bag is loaded with all ten discs the discs do tend to jump around a lot. The bag stays on the dogs well and the belt around their chest appears to stay secured without slipping.

Here are some shots from my round this morning:

Here is the bag on my Great Dane:
GVKtI-vJ3oUsdr6SYVHi2DOAThaz28yZhKAHEVWltGh-VPX0_8y8YTocJeWKgieEKUNAT3KopFyGMTKxqpJa36ZnpA=s512

The bag on my Boxer Mix:
2JTJH7nwXd8csM1rqAsOjKb739Udv6wvcLUSGg2H-yk_Ib7UnwTM4-r7NGnY80aoaoCxWX2w_wAilgajV9Gexd7BuA=s512

No bag, but a killer photo:
cc9cldN8DCloRmjrOrYvmMSmuLLKh8ABDiNNpHAMjXot0NcrKKIjk4AJW_m4g3NhExyhhqyvbutw96TbRMMLqZgD0w=s512

Was at Walmart yesterday and saw a laptop backpack for cheap and decided I'd try to mod it and see what happens. I think it turned out pretty sweet with minimal work. Tomorrow night I'll take it out for a few rounds and see how it performs. I'm super excited to try this out. It's got everything I wanted for SUPER cheap.

Inside before.
PIC077.jpg

Inside after.
PIC078.jpg

Fits 17 discs. Can stack 13 more on top if for some reason you wanted to. I plan on leaving that space empty except for maybe a jacket in the winter.
PIC079.jpg

Slots for phone, wallet, pencils, sharpies, score cards, grub, and a ton more.
PIC086.jpg

Outside before.
PIC075.jpg

Outside after. Easily fits 3 putters in putter pocket, stashed 6 minis and a shammy below them and put a baseball in the pocket up top.
PIC085.jpg

Can fit a 1 liter Nalgene on each side.
PIC082.jpg

Tons of padding on back with super comfy padded straps.
PIC084.jpg

Sweet! I wonder how well it will hold up, if you think of it post back after 25 rounds or something.

jnecessary said:
Sweet! I wonder how well it will hold up, if you think of it post back after 25 rounds or something.
The original bag pre-modification had a lifetime warranty, so hopefully it'll hold up well.

Just a quick little mod here.

I felt like my Spider Monkey could do with a key clip, so I added one in the side pocket.

82yGB.jpg

Yehosha said:
The original bag pre-modification had a lifetime warranty, so hopefully it'll hold up well.
Yea, but so does the GripEQ bag and you see how THAT is turning out... :mrgreen:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :oops:

Pretty simple one, but I've recently discovered that my wifes old breast pump cooler bag fits perfectly into the main compartment of my Grip bag. It has a cool little ice pack as well, but you can only fit 3 beer in if you use the ice pack. I think I'll use it in the winter when I want a little extra storage space and for cold beer in the summer rounds when needed. I can still easily carry 5 drivers, 4 mids and 2 putters with it in there too.

photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Latest posts