• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sidearm to!

"playing with people you can beat" is some of the worst advice you can give someone....you are way better off playing with people that teach you things just by watching them kick your arse

"playing with people you can beat" is some of the worst advice you can give someone....you are way better off playing with people that teach you things just by watching them kick your arse

agreed. hell thats what makes getting beat worth it, the opportunity to learn and improve:)

Try YouTube

YouTube has some instructional videos on sidearming. Also try this link:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/throwingsidearm.shtml

It has some good instruction, plus some other links. It's enough reading to keep you busy for a few minutes. Then go out and practice, practice...

Also, get someone who knows how to sidearm to watch your form and give you some feedback.

once again thanks guys! There is a person I met while playing at the local course who has a really good forehand throw. Think next time I see him I will ask him if he could maybe give me some pointers. Hopefully he can watch and see where I am screwing things up.
I have ask some other people before and usually the answer I get is " I don't know what I do man,I just throw it" Not much help there!
Hopefully that won't happen.

Latest posts