• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

And,in addition to practical disc golf choices, it's probably a decent business decision. James has that envy market on lockdown. Might as well make use of something else you can maybe get to sell.

You have two top pros and one loves the Envy and the other the Proxy, seems like a perfect scenario for MVP.

I'm a big time Envy guy, but am not shocked Simon didn't love it, he seems to love really straight slower discs.

You have two top pros and one loves the Envy and the other the Proxy, seems like a perfect scenario for MVP.

I'm a big time Envy guy, but am not shocked Simon didn't love it, he seems to love really straight slower discs.

Just waiting on some Ohm love here. Simon would probably like it, wonder if he tried it.

I think if Simon had tried an electron Envy he would have liked it. They fly more like a Proxy.

I think where Simon is going to move more plastic for MVP is in their drivers. He'll find a mold or two that he clicks with and everyone will want one so they can throw as far as Simon. I don't think they need him to really move putters.

Well, it was fun to throw the Trace while they were readily available. Great disc, super useful both FH and BH.

Just waiting on some Ohm love here. Simon would probably like it, wonder if he tried it.

It would probably be a more reliable Spin for him but I hardly see it anymore.

I imagine that Simon threw every possible mold/disc combination out there, most at least several times. He would have had full access to everything MVP has to offer.

I imagine that Simon threw every possible mold/disc combination out there, most at least several times. He would have had full access to everything MVP has to offer.

Did they offer a first run red & blue Ion for him to try....just to know what it was like for the early adopters!!?!?

I also used to be on the Envy train. But ever since investing in some premium proxies, I have leaned towards them more and more. Great mold.

Obviously Simons bag will be a revolving door for the foreseeable future. But, comes with the territory.

I think if Simon had tried an electron Envy he would have liked it. They fly more like a Proxy.

I think where Simon is going to move more plastic for MVP is in their drivers. He'll find a mold or two that he clicks with and everyone will want one so they can throw as far as Simon. I don't think they need him to really move putters.

Electron plastic does tend to be more understable than other plastics. The only problem using electron plastic as an approach disc is that it tends to beat in much much quicker, and have a shorter useful life.

Electron plastic does tend to be more understable than other plastics. The only problem using electron plastic as an approach disc is that it tends to beat in much much quicker, and have a shorter useful life.

I've been throwing electron Envy's since they first came out. I generally stick a fresh one in the bag about once a year. My first one occasionally makes it back into the bag in certain situations. It is clovered on top, warped, and has a few chunks missing here and there but it is a wonderfully flippy putter.

I've been throwing electron Envy's since they first came out. I generally stick a fresh one in the bag about once a year. My first one occasionally makes it back into the bag in certain situations. It is clovered on top, warped, and has a few chunks missing here and there but it is a wonderfully flippy putter.

I have an old electron atom I have carried for years. Such a great hyzerflip and turnover utility disc.

Maybe.
I remember when Madison Walker joined MVP she couldn't get some discs & reached out to the MVP community via social media for some help.
Granted, production of discs should be caught up at this point, but one just never knows.

Maybe.
I remember when Madison Walker joined MVP she couldn't get some discs & reached out to the MVP community via social media for some help.
Granted, production of discs should be caught up at this point, but one just never knows.

IIRC, Madison was seeking discs in the 150-155 gram range, which are always a challenge to find because they are not as popular in general, but in very high demand from the players who need them.

Which is a bit of a different problem than having no molds or few molds available, regardless of weight range.

IIRC, Madison was seeking discs in the 150-155 gram range, which are always a challenge to find because they are not as popular in general, but in very high demand from the players who need them.

Which is a bit of a different problem than having no molds or few molds available, regardless of weight range.

I understand the weight issue with MVP....a friend has a 140ish gram Wave and I've been trying to find one. My local store had them, but ran out of them and so have the online stores. I have a 156 Wave, but it is heavier than I like in that speed. So my Star Tern (137) will probably stay in my bag. MVP even shows 155 as the lightest weight on their website. It seems like more manufacturers are not producing the lower weight discs very much any more.

I understand the weight issue with MVP....a friend has a 140ish gram Wave and I've been trying to find one. My local store had them, but ran out of them and so have the online stores. I have a 156 Wave, but it is heavier than I like in that speed. So my Star Tern (137) will probably stay in my bag. MVP even shows 155 as the lightest weight on their website. It seems like more manufacturers are not producing the lower weight discs very much any more.

I've got a fission wave that's upper 140's. Off all places I think I snagged it on Amazon.

Was it in Fission plastic? Off the top of my head, that's the only plastic you'll see drivers deliberately produced below 150g.

Just having discs available in that weight range at all, even more so that aren't weird-feeling, weirder-flying Blizzard plastic, puts MVP at a huge lead over other manufacturers if you like light weight drivers

Latest posts