• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simplify my mids

Breaking in the rocks.....

180 kc is holding up and still has a trusty fade Finnish. The 180 kc is my choice for tee shot duty from 250 to as far as I can throw it..... I am already feeling the concern of not being able to replace my 180kc as it is a firmer run of plastic than current run of kc on the shelf at my local dg shop.I played a tree course today. Went into the woods with a straight 170 roc, came out with a roc that wants to turn with 200 or more of power. It's a nice slow and easy turn at this point, and flying more like a comet. I wouldn't call it flippy yet, but not a fresh roc anymore. I have a fresh 180 dx that will fit between kc and 170 dx and my cycle has begun . :D. The 170 will hold a line when powered down, and was able to park a 250 thrown down a 20 foot tree tunnel with a touch of hyzer flip. The 180 will have a hyzer line when powered down. 180 would have to be throw a little anny flex in the same situation and that would flirt with width of window. Anyway, still transitioning into my roc cycle and getting better from time I have spent with my mids. I need to get back to putting for scoring, but having too much fun huckin my mids. :clap:

Last edited:
I thought i read that the ghost was one one of innovas retired roc molds?

that's what some say, and it is a dead ringer, but while the shape is very similar there are varying accounts on how they fly. i could be in for some frustration but we will see.

*edit* legacy did not, however, do anything like buy an old mold from innova. i don't know what they did, but it's apparently not the mold ITSELF - it's just designed to be the same.

that's what some say, and it is a dead ringer, but while the shape is very similar there are varying accounts on how they fly. i could be in for some frustration but we will see.

*edit* legacy did not, however, do anything like buy an old mold from innova. i don't know what they did, but it's apparently not the mold ITSELF - it's just designed to be the same.

It's not frustrating to begin the cycling thing, it just takes a little time. I found dx breaks in fairly quickly. In the process of breaking in my rocs at the field I learned a lot about how my rocs like to fly and developed a little more snap in the process. I am getting comfortable with them at this point and need to sever the tie with my other mids at this point. I still throw some of my old stand by mids in the bag for some reason? Even though I don't throw them. I have a bag full of dx plastic right now, and will be running a cycle of few diff molds. I've got a few different leopard, archangels, and tee birds I am working with and developing a good feel for what disc/throw for a given situation. I have a few faster, heavier and more over stable discs I add to the bag for wind.

Update....

Still working with my rocs and loving my 180 kc off the tee more and more. It's flight characteristics are holding up and remains stable with slight hyzer Finnish. Guys in the group that throw a lot farther than me are pulling out the drivers and that makes me hesitate on the rock on 300 ft baskets.....powering down a driver or fairway results in too much fade,so I I finally ignored what other players were doing and started throwing my roc. Parked 3 300 ish baskets for tap in birds! Got the oohs and aaaahs on the perfect flights. I didn't want to hear the " put the driver away....." Stuff at first, but I am a believer now.

I haven't been playing home course lately due to weather and mud on a hilly course. I got to play it this evening in decent conditions and put the roc to work on several tee boxes with good results. Missed several birdie putts I should have made and was sitting at even par after 15 holes. Ran out of daylight, but on track to better my best of +2. May will be one year anniversary for my addiction to dg and looking forward to a new season. Happy hucking.:D