• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Single Disc Rounds

Pretty much any new disc that goes in my bag gets thrown for a "one disc round" before it goes in. If it's a putter it's a true "one disc round." If it's not a putter, I throw a "two disc round" with my putter or a new identical putter.

*geez, there's some quotation marks in there.

Last edited:
Pretty much any new disc that goes in my bag gets thrown for a "one disc round" before it goes in. If it's a putter it's a true "one disc round." If it's not a putter, I throw a "two disc round" with my putter or a new identical putter.

*geez, there's some quotation marks in there.

Pretty much the same for me.....but in addition, I'll do this with my old discs sometimes, too, just to see what they can do, or what I can do with them, if pushed beyond standard use.

* I meant to put standard use in quotation marks, but it seemed someone else had used them all up.

It's OK guys... unlike air at gas stations, punctuation is still free.

What is your go-to disc for a one disc round? I'm so addicted to Disc Golf, I actually brought a disc with me on my last vacation. Had some fun with it. Has this addiction gone too far? :)

Dude you are crazy you are lucky the wife puts up with you, that's awesome!... I did notice the absence of your woman in the video. Did you make a vacation video for her too?

One disc round? Probably the Vertex right now. Maybe a Tangent. I do have a commitment to play skins with a guy in an all Whitler round sometime soon.

P2! Just picked up some new s-line swirls and they can handle any amount of power and will reliably fade. Pretty telling I have form issues, as I can get my putters to within ~100' of my destroyers. (Out to about 340' or so.) It's helping to drive with them when I can, though.

If im doing it for a score, its my proton ion hands down. Otherwise, anode and alias would be good. Ive done them with every disc in my bag tho. On my local pitch n putt 9 holer, 1 disc rounds with a real high speed dd are fun! Trying to hit a super tight 220' tunnel with a wrath was interesting

She was the one hold the camera.. haha We had fun with it. She doesn't play much disc golf, but she likes walking the course with me.

Wizard for true one disc rounds (one mold I should say). Comet only (putt with my wizard) or sometimes I go out with my Prophecy only (and my putter) but for a(true) one disc round it's the wizard.

Not quite a true one-discer, but I had a round on a fairly long course with a champ Teebird and KC Aviar. The Teebird is just such a good mold... the course was just a little too long and a little too open to use a mid or putter only.

Latest posts