• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sizes of Disc Golf Bags

strain

Bronze level trusted reviewer
Which size of disc golf bag would you feel more comfortable with out on the course, a big, medium, or smaller bag? For some reason I like to carry a lot of discs and bought a big bag and then thought after I got it, that maybe it is a little too many discs to be carrying around without losing them.

I've got a Revo Carolina with Quads and a Squirrel Monkey. I prefer the Carolina. It's big but I carry lots of water, about 12-14 discs and other crap. I like the spaciousness of the bag and with Quads is pretty comfortable. Sometimes I like to haul around a Handy Cam too. The Revo affords me space for everything and it's secure.

I like my old Innova Deluxe bag... still. It's a medium size bag that carries 18 discs easily, along with my other "stuff". I'll probably get another one soon.

big bag so you have options.

wind/snow/throw-aways for water holes, etc.

GoodDriveBadPutt (Alan) :D got me a FADE tourney bag a while back and i LOVE it.

plus, a bigger bag has more pockets to store ancillary gear: towels, tools, bug spray, etc.

Lovin' my Lat Pro bag, holds all my discs and a bunch of gear. Small bags are ok though, most noobs don't need to haul around more than eight discs. Nicer, bigger bags puts an expectation on how you play, if you carry 25 discs, have a 100 dollar bag and can't hit 300' or be accurate your gonna make yourself look like a fool.

Lovin' my Lat Pro bag, holds all my discs and a bunch of gear. Small bags are ok though, most noobs don't need to haul around more than eight discs. Nicer, bigger bags puts an expectation on how you play, if you carry 25 discs, have a 100 dollar bag and can't hit 300' or be accurate your gonna make yourself look like a fool.

You know kids these days, they need to look the part before they are any good at it.

I have two bags, a Lat Pro and a Crunch box. I love the Lat Pro for tourneys and bigger courses. I love the crunch box for small or familiar courses and for exploring. the Lat Pro does have more storage which is nice but it does get heavy.

I carry an Innova Competition Bag. It holds what I carry nicely although it's a bit lacking on the storage for extra stuff.

I often sing the praises of the Innova Standard bag or its similarly-sized contemporaries (Crunch Box? Squirrel Monkey?). For someone--like myself--still learning all the intricate details of throwing mechanics and different discs, it's really all you need. 8-10 discs, a nice-size drink holder, a towel ring, and pockets for all your loose crap (phone, keys, marker, scorecard, snackums).

I will say that of the courses I play, none are more than 18 holes and each has at least one place to refill water. For competitions where I'd want more options or on a longer, more grueling course, I might consider a larger bag.

Love my Crunch for quick rounds and I'm waiting on a Phenix Core to be built to fly specifications.

I've been loving my Revolution Dual Pack: sturdy, plenty of room for discs, and gear. This being winter, by gear I mean towels. I went from a Fade Tourney (which is a great bag) to this and I've been more than happy. I could carry 25+ discs if I wanted to, but thats pretty dumb.

I'm looking forward to running into guys with the new Grip bag this year.

btw when I first saw this page I totally it was going to refer to something phallic. You know like guys with big guns or super fancy cars. I think those dudes more than 18 discs are trying to compensate for something:hfive:

I've loved the Innova Standard ever since I purchased it back in 2007, and I've never had any issues with the durability, but its getting harder to carry all the discs I want to. Now I've just gotta wait for my Silverback to get here...

Wife got me a Revo Carolina and I love it. Lots of space for random stuffs. The extra disc space lets me try out discs without having to take out my current throwers...I don't even have quads...

Latest posts