• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Skellefteå Open 2023

So Paul's putting seems to be dialed in. The announcers noted that his drives were a bit off, but he's killing it C1/C2 range. For EO, he would need to correct his drive issues.

I'm not sure that's true. Skelleftea isn't tight woods, but fairways are tree lined. Trees do things that OB lines don't. OB only cares about the end result.

Paul wins the EO.

He's been pretty much playing to his rating recently in Europe after one lousy event and one great event to start- it will take better than that to win EO.

PDGA says they are Finns. My bad.

The Studio in Finland looked very pro, might be that they have a studioset in Finland and thats why they did not use a lokal Swedish team for the commentary.

As for English, we learn it in school from young age and its mandatory. . "the digital world" kind of makes it a must to at least read and understand English ( we do NOT dub our TV shows/movies) . . . i VERY rarely speak it, but i read, hear and write in English every day.. .
So i would say that most Swedes understand English very easy. . but it IS harder to speak it perfectly. .
I kind of envy Americans that can travel the world and always speak their first language in most of the world...

3 in a row for Silva Saarinen. . will be fun to see her vs Henna end Eveliina next week. . who is the best Finnish FPO player?

The Studio in Finland looked very pro, might be that they have a studioset in Finland and thats why they did not use a lokal Swedish team for the commentary.

As for English, we learn it in school from young age and its mandatory. . "the digital world" kind of makes it a must to at least read and understand English ( we do NOT dub our TV shows/movies) . . . i VERY rarely speak it, but i read, hear and write in English every day.. .
So i would say that most Swedes understand English very easy. . but it IS harder to speak it perfectly. .
I kind of envy Americans that can travel the world and always speak their first language in most of the world...
Genuinely appreciate your perspective!

3 in a row for Silva Saarinen. . will be fun to see her vs Henna end Eveliina next week. . who is the best Finnish FPO player?

Eveliinna and Henna are still a level above Silva IMO but it is so refreshing to see full cards of quality players at the top of FPO in Europe now. The difference in ability in just the last 5 years is crazy.

I never used to like watching FPO cards as there were so many glaring form issues on show on all elements of the game and frankly they were shooting worse rounds than I was to win tournaments (and I'm sh*t), it used to just bug me, now there are players with such solid back, fore and putting games.... it's a joy to watch.

He's been pretty much playing to his rating recently in Europe after one lousy event and one great event to start- it will take better than that to win EO.

Agreed he will have to avoid some of the mistakes. Are they playing the same EO course as last year?

OB doesn't play the same as trees. You can throw over/through OB as long as the disc ends up where you want it, the route isn't critical. That's why I think that his "errors" off the tee box won't have as much of an impact.

Regardless, he could come out and miss cash, but if he's making putts C2 and in, he will be tough to beat.

Latest posts