• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Slammer

Snaques

Eagle Member
In the Latitude's teaser video for new 2017 releases Tomas was also talking about a DD Slammer.

He said the Slammer is a rather fast, OS, low profiled putter with a thumbtrack. Kinda like the DD Harp if you will, at least that's what I hope. :thmbup:

I will try it out, but I'm not sure if I like the return of the thumbtrack.

EMac was a huge fan of the Banger. Wonder if his input had anything to do with that. Has any disc in the trilogy ever had a thumb track before?

I would love a DD pig. Please o please DD.

EMac was a huge fan of the Banger. Wonder if his input had anything to do with that. Has any disc in the trilogy ever had a thumb track before?

Latitude is putting out its own thumb track putter as well, the Caltrop. It might beat the Slammer on to store shelves, but only by a matter of weeks. Otherwise it is the first foray into thumb tracks for the Trilogy brands.

Can't this just come out today so I can throw it?!

Yea I'm stoked I'm thinking

Caltrop = Rhyno
Slammer= Pig

Im so stoked. I love my Pigs and Ontario soft pros.

What is even more Appealing is the idea of this Slammer/Pig flight in a premium plastic. Which I hope DD will eventually do. I think the testers where prime but I can dream

Looks like a Sinus with a right angled edge molded into the top...I would not call it a "thumb-track".

I personally have no interest in this upcoming release, but throw on for those that will :thmbup:.

Just to add further info to the answer about thumbtracks, the Innova patent on the Thumbtrac expires after this year. I wouldn't be surprised if more companies come out with discs with a thumbtrac in that not too distant future now that there are no licensing fees to pay. The Coltrop and Slammer probably are the first of many across the landscape.

I would still be throwing the Pig instead of the Suspect but Innovas plastic choices suck. Thank you trilogy for actually putting your discs in most of all plastics.

Lat 64 has thumb pads, not a thumb track. It's my everyday putter and it's great. I keep Judge in the bag for longer putts and windy days.

Ok, this does intrigue me. I am a Harp fan, and a fan of Groove-tops/beveled edges or whatever. I am a huge fan of the RDG putters with thumbtracks, and the Banger and Buzzz GT and Pulse all have been in my bag.

this looks like a Reko/Harp/Pig/Rhyno. Will be a good release. But can't deny that its a copy of those discs.....which doesn't matter i guess because they'll have a lil different dimensions and they have to produce it, but, ehh, all disc companies are making the same stuff. It just matters what you like. But I would like to check this out, haha, I trust EMAC

WOULD REALLLLLY prefer a different name tho.......POGS? SLAMMER? Is it a sandwich at a fast food joint?

haha come on

Last edited:
Just to add further info to the answer about thumbtracks, the Innova patent on the Thumbtrac expires after this year. I wouldn't be surprised if more companies come out with discs with a thumbtrac in that not too distant future now that there are no licensing fees to pay. The Coltrop and Slammer probably are the first of many across the landscape.

Good. The expiration of Innovas specific disc patents has been good for the sport and has grown larger since.

Any news on this mold at all? I would like to see other pros throwing this.

How do these compare to DGA breaker? Breaker is my all time favorite OS putter. Basically, a zipper bottom, flat top rhyno.

Necro Bump. SORRY! Tried the Lucid Slammer today, hoping for something with Less Glide and MORE Stability than the Suspect. Have had some crazy windy approach shots, lately. The Slammer Definitely has less Glide, but is a STRAIGHT flier, compared to the Stability of my Suspects. I was Hoping for a Meathook. I didn't get it. Anyone else?

Necro Bump. SORRY! Tried the Lucid Slammer today, hoping for something with Less Glide and MORE Stability than the Suspect. Have had some crazy windy approach shots, lately. The Slammer Definitely has less Glide, but is a STRAIGHT flier, compared to the Stability of my Suspects. I was Hoping for a Meathook. I didn't get it. Anyone else?

Amazing timing on your necro bump.

I tried the Slammer when it came out. Liked it but it didn't make the bag. Recently got a Classic (or whatever BT HARD is) in a player's pack. It was windy so I decided to try it out. Worked well for short headwind approaches. I'll give it a test ride this week in calm conditions and see how it fares.

I've got one in Classic that never made the bag for the same reason. I had heard it was a Trilogy version of the Zone, and since I already threw some other Trilogy stuff I gave the Slammer the first shot at that slot when I was rounding out my bag. It works as a glideless headwind putter in 20+ mph gusts, but I really didn't like it as a thrower due to lack of reliable fade. I wanted a putter that would comfortably forehand, hook up strong, and work as a headwind putter on super windy days. It only did one of those three things for me. Zone covers all three aspects much better.

So, kinda weird, but I played with it again a couple times today. I have a Horrible Flick shot. I max out 230-240ft with my Forehand and a 9 speed driver. But, I Flicked the Slammer a couple times today. It stayed Low, Flat, and finished dead straight out to about 150ft. Might be a point and shoot flick appraoch for me.... And I mean DEAD STRAIGHT.

Latest posts