• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SLIDING A DISC

Is the snow directly assisting the throw? Is it a device? Discuss.

QA-STA-2: Can I hold onto a branch or other object behind my lie while putting?

Holding on to something behind your lie for support is not prohibited by the rules, provided that the object is in-bounds. It also must not be moved, since you are required to take the stance that results in the least possible movement of obstacles on the course. You are not allowed to hold onto another person for support, as that person is not part of the course.

The two bolded bits seem to say that using the course to assist in a throw is OK.

Does this forum support Mathematica? Id like to see your equations :p

It's just step one, but the results don't look promising.

Uc9L9yJ.jpg

https://www.symbolab.com/solver/lim...\to release\left(-\right)}\left(contact\right)

An interesting topic and a nice mental exercise as well. In the video, the player seems to be making an illegal throw as people have mentioned [no marker for the lie].

If the player had a marker [maybe they did and we couldn't see it] the right hand seems to be clearly past the rear edge of the marker [judging by his left hand's position] and that hand would be considered a supporting point to me.

If he had lifted the disc off the ground at the time of release, then there should be no issue.

Latest posts