• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Small Axe Cooler Backpack

Hate to break it to everyone but thats a Corporate giveaway cooler that some company is saying is a disc golf bag. I can show multiple websites where that cooler bag is only $10. my friend and I got these back in april as coolers and have they have already ripped in every place possible including the inside. sorry

Hate to break it to everyone but thats a Corporate giveaway cooler that some company is saying is a disc golf bag. I can show multiple websites where that cooler bag is only $10. my friend and I got these back in april as coolers and have they have already ripped in every place possible including the inside. sorry

Yeah, every cooler bag is just going to be a repurposed bag with a company's logo on it. The trick is to find what bag they repurposed and you can always find it cheaper. Same with the hyzerbomb demo.

621822.jpg

http://www.anypromo.com/bags-luggage/lunch-bags-cooler/coolio-16-can-backpack-cooler-p621822?Origin=PLA&Subcat=lunch-bags-cooler&ItemN=621822&p=334018&gclid=CPqQp9C037oCFe47OgodcnUAMg&kwid=productads-plaid^45787676896-sku^621822-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^32426043241

wow...I undestand a small markup for the logo printing...but, 300%? That's a little excessive. Then again, they did the same thing with their chalk. I could buy a 1 lb bag of chalk for the same price as their tiny bottle.

wow...I undestand a small markup for the logo printing...but, 300%?

It appears that the wholesale company provides printing services. So no additional effort needed.

At that price point, these would make great club fundraiser items.

Lopan: It's to set the bag inline with the Crunch Box and allow us to wholesale to other dealers and leave them a margin. Same as the chalk vs other DG grip products. Basic business.

Zam- just curious if you happen to know the average % mark-up on a premium plastic disc from cost to retail and could enlighten us a little. Obviously those margins change given the company, blend etc but is there a standard? Like pharma you get into the 1000% due to R&D expenses etc but other stuff like steel is minimal 5-10% at most given market conditions etc.

It is out of stock, but...

http://www.hyzerbomb.com/products/demo-backpack

$69.99. Ouch.

I think each of these bags is priced affordably and effectively.
The hyzer bomb demo is more money, but it's much larger than this small axe bag. I can fit 13 discs comfortably in the top sections and still fit 7 beers and an ice pack in the bottom. It's not perfect, but it's a darn good value especially when you also use it for other activities as well. Sure, you can get the OGIO version cheaper, but the HB version does come with a few basic modifications to make it DG friendly (and yes, it can modified more to make it better).

So what ripped? Seams? Liner? Straps? Give us details and pictures if you can. In all those multiple websites, what's the minimum qty? I found ONE where you can get a sample of it, and after shipping, it'd be $20.30

Sure, you can get the OGIO version cheaper, but the HB version does come with a few basic modifications to make it DG friendly (and yes, it can modified more to make it better).

What the HB tweak on the Ogio?

So what ripped? Seams? Liner? Straps? Give us details and pictures if you can. In all those multiple websites, what's the minimum qty? I found ONE where you can get a sample of it, and after shipping, it'd be $20.30

What the HB tweak on the Ogio?

basically added a nicely stitched and sturdy false bottom, pvc piping, and some (not all, mine did not) had pencil holders sewn in over the ogio logo.

I'm actually thinking of getting the ogio bag for work, so I don't have to carry a lunch box and backpack...

So maybe its just me, but still looking at the pic it looks like its either/or when it comes to the discs/beverages UNLESS you want your discs in with your drinks in which case...wouldnt you want ICE in the "cooler" to keep them cold? Which means your discs not only get COLD they get WET. Sorry but that doesn't work for me. It's bad enough when I have a super cold drink in the pocket of my Grip bag and the disc closest to it if I pull it out will have condensation on it and make it difficult to grip. Granted I know I'm not their target demographic, but my thought is thanks but no thanks, ill pass.

Hmmm... all this talk. Methinks I'll go with this one instead and rig something up for the top part to hold discs.