• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SmashBoxxTV [Live Coverage]

DiscFifty

Banned
I thought it might be worthwhile to have a separate thread for comments on their live coverage. If not.. well...we have a landfill area.

Glass Blown Open coverage for me technically has been fine. I buffer about 30-45min before watching and I have no idea if that helps with anything but the quality of the streaming has been great overall. Terry & Robert (team TBob?) are proving to be more than capable. I hope they work together more often.

My ongoing suggestions still exist, top 10-20 scores more often, would love to see player profiles (career earnings, stats, bio, etc, etc), itbn (in the bag now, this tournament), someone in the gallery for short interviews, observations, etc.

Another crew covering the chase card would help replace the necessary verbiage during lulls with the lead card. I realize we're probably a few years from that happening. But that's one of the obvious areas that could greatly impact the overall production.

I'm not so crazy about this new camera angle being used quite often when players drive. Seeing a side view captures the facial expression of the player, but we don't see the initial flight of the disc. Perhaps not staying on that particular angle so long might help, but I'm guessing most would prefer a more slightly behind the player angle when driving.

Otherwise a solid production, thank you providing the coverage!

I'm not so crazy about this new camera angle being used quite often when players drive. Seeing a side view captures the facial expression of the player, but we don't see the initial flight of the disc.
i've seen the picture in picture used; ^ this is when it should be used.

Nice GBO FPO coverage. Love the close up camera work on the drama, good stuff! At one point I saw 3500+ live viewers, is that an FPO record?

I just wish they would have banned the use of phones for the audience, so that the cell signal would have been better. Or is there some Xth amendment in US which forbids that?

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. We were extremely happy with the coverage for this year's GBO.

I tried to be very quick with any shots where I went from reaction to catch as to not miss much of the flight. And I know not everyone loves it.

This weekend when we had backups we almost always covered the 2nd card cause they were right there. But having another camera on another card would always be fun and useful. It is what I wanted to do with the hole 16 cam that we had up for a few hours.

We were extremely happy with the coverage for this year's GBO.

I know the info is probably elsewhere, but when/if you have time it would be great if you could reply here with the other events you will be streaming live this season. Thx!

I'd prefer the camera stayed on the course, even if it is just players walking rather than so much time spent on just the commentators in the box. Otherwise, great job!

This was the first tournament in a while where I tuned in for the live coverage. Couldn't resist after checking Udisc and seeing how close it was. I have to say, I was really impressed with the quality of the camera work and how smoothly it all ran. Much better than most all live coverage I've watched in the past. It has really come a long way!

I'd prefer the camera stayed on the course, even if it is just players walking rather than so much time spent on just the commentators in the box. Otherwise, great job!

That would be great, but with only 3 cameramen, most of the time they are walking to their positions. And no one wants Blair Witch footage. Usually when one gets settled into position is when I cut over to it. It is why the hole 16 camera would have been so nice for the show, because I could have used that as filler and cut booth time in half. I just didn't take into account the amount of data that it would use. I had to call Verizon after day 2 and beg someone to reset our data usage so we didn't get throttled. Thankfully they were accommodating and we were able to get thru the weekend.

We didn't plan on having 3 cameramen available to us so I didn't figure in the extra data of a 3rd camera for 4 FULL days (8 extra rounds). And that kinda bit me. I have got some good ideas for next year already at GBO.

Latest posts