• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snakes on the course!

No offense ERicJ but my money's on 80played. 15 years experience wins everytime over <3 years...even if he is an a-hole.

...and it's hard to play with a stick in your bungy.

I don't care how good he plays, he dosen't have to be a prick.

i could give a **** how good he is..he's an *******..

Well, Eric is a great player , and a great guy to boot. I have played with Eric several times. I once ran into him with my son. My son is not very good, and I am not much better, and Eric joined our group, and was cool, friendly, and didn't put us down for not being great players. He was very patient with us, and very nice to talk to.

I have run into Eric on several occasions, and every time he has walked up to me, and shook my hand, and asked me how I was doing. Eric is a very cool guy, and he knows his s**t. He brings alot to the table , and is very helpful here on this site.

80 States, you may have lots of experience , and be a great player, and that is commendable. I think though, your experience has gone to your head, and now your head is stuck so far up your ass, you haven't seen daylight in months.

You also bring alot to the table, but for some reason you think you are Disc Golf's gift to the game. I am not personally trying to attack you, but you are the one that comes on here attacking everyone else who has a different opinion that yourself.

I think you need to sit back, relax, drink a cup of coffee, or maybe a beer, but just chill out a bit. I don't know what happened in your live to make you bitter, but I hope you can work it out, and learn to get along with people.

Man you know **** is tense when you make a joke with a snake, a bear, and a redhead in it and no-one even notices...

yeah ive noticed that about 80states...but you know what...some people just grow up to be dicks, and some dont! obviously someone enjoys getting a rise outta people and degrading people....must suck getting bullied as a kid huh?

you can all make assumptions all you like...it basically boils down to not liking arrogant *******s..someone posts that i know it all?...im not the one correcting people and preaching my gospel for 3000 posts

Peace, for crying out loud. You sound like me and Omega. In fact, in a gesture of solidarity (or something) I extend the olive branch to OmegaSuperSloth. Peace, bro.

But back to the snakes, I came across this bad boy last weekend - a four foot Eastern Fox Snake. Completely harmless, but he didn't look that way to me...

3520361505_6f225bd23c.jpg

3521172866_02715e3bc9.jpg

Good boy...nice boy...

Well, Eric is a great player , and a great guy to boot. I have played with Eric several times. I once ran into him with my son. My son is not very good, and I am not much better, and Eric joined our group, and was cool, friendly, and didn't put us down for not being great players. He was very patient with us, and very nice to talk to.

I have run into Eric on several occasions, and every time he has walked up to me, and shook my hand, and asked me how I was doing. Eric is a very cool guy, and he knows his s**t. He brings alot to the table , and is very helpful here on this site.

80 States, you may have lots of experience , and be a great player, and that is commendable. I think though, your experience has gone to your head, and now your head is stuck so far up your ass, you haven't seen daylight in months.

You also bring alot to the table, but for some reason you think you are Disc Golf's gift to the game. I am not personally trying to attack you, but you are the one that comes on here attacking everyone else who has a different opinion that yourself.

I think you need to sit back, relax, drink a cup of coffee, or maybe a beer, but just chill out a bit. I don't know what happened in your live to make you bitter, but I hope you can work it out, and learn to get along with people.

well stated Midnightbiker, well stated.

80playedin10states.... we all have different opinions and different life experiences... hell we all even have different DNA. I'm very glad that you have expressed your opinions. The part where it gets out of line is the personal attacks. Usually the things you despise most in other people, is what you despise the most within yourself..... just somethin' to think about.

We are all essentially brothers and sisters.. we just need to start treating each other like it.... :)

you can all make assumptions all you like...it basically boils down to not liking arrogant *******s..someone posts that i know it all?...im not the one correcting people and preaching my gospel for 3000 posts
When you post misinformation that can literally get someone killed... it needs to be corrected. If you can't see that then Biker's right about where your head is. :rolleyes:

Some folks take forums way too seriously.

For the most part it is a great rule of thumb to avoid snakes with a triangular heard and slit pupil eyes, so you can get off your high horse now. Just because you looked up something in google does not make you a herpatologist and to claim someone might get killed due to misinformation is draconian. Can you admit that?

Somewhat mellodramatic and Oprahlike, frankly.

The copperhead that I ran across the other day was right in the middle of a mowed walkway and I was just about to step when I caught sight of it and jumped back. We sat there and looked at it from about 10 feet back and it was frozen. I read later that copperheads will freeze and remain motionless when they sense danger. It was, therefore, most likely in defense mode and would have struck if stepped on.
I think that common sense dictates that poisonous snakes in public areas should be killed. Either that or relocated by a professional handler.

This couldn't be more logical or right IMO. HERE HERE BROTHER!!

Some folks take forums way too seriously.

For the most part it is a great rule of thumb to avoid snakes with a triangular heard and slit pupil eyes, so you can get off your high horse now. Just because you looked up something in google does not make you a herpatologist and to claim someone might get killed due to misinformation is draconian. Can you admit that?

Somewhat mellodramatic and Oprahlike, frankly.

In defense of EricJ.... He merely stated the facts.... yes it is a decent GENERAL rule to avoid snakes w/ a triangular head. I don't think he was claiming to be a herpatologist... merely going to the source and sharing the scientifically proven facts to help keep everybody including the snakes a little safer.... I studied wildlife ecology for 4 years in school and this info is legit.

Thousands upon thousands of people are killed every day due to misinformation (or lack of education)... i'll admit that.

I will openly be the first to admit that some of the shows that Oprah has are great.... & some are trash.... just my opinion

yea its legit because he googled and posted...any more info about anything will have to come from eric because he is so knowledgable about everything..and i can't believe a grown man admits to watching oprah

yea its legit because he googled and posted...any more info about anything will have to come from eric because he is so knowledgable about everything..and i can't believe a grown man admits to watching oprah

more importantly, its legit b/c of the source from which this information came from... the TPWD (Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.).... there is a lot of MIS information on the net.

Eric is intelligent and resourceful and goes above and beyond to get valuable information for all of us..... & ...... I think you might be a little intimidated by him... just my two pennies

real MEN can watch Oprah.... (on occasion...like I said b4 some of the stuff on her show is dookie splatter) I have been exposed to some great souls from watching her show..... Echart Tolle most importantly...... really 80playedin10states..... check out his website... he writes some amazing books that helped me out immensely..... his most recent book is A NEW EARTH..... brilliant, yet simple stuff... that might help w/ some anger issues... just trying to help homie... not attacking :)

hell we all even have different DNA.

Only .1 % different if I remember correctly.

It's not 80 played's fault, he had buddies die face down in the muck, so that you and I could enjoy this family restaurant. I'm staying, I'm finishing my coffee. Enjoying my coffee.

Sorry, 80played reminds me of Walter.

Wow, This thread has taken a turn for the worse (and by worse I mean wimpy) .
Snakes? Spiders? 80played?
I have never met anyone bitten by a snake that was not messing around with it or handling it.
I used to live in florida and when I went mountainbiking I was, at times, covered with "banana spider"webs and those bigg ass spiders. Never once bitten.
I've been called many names by people, in person, up close and personal, and I don't really give a damn.
Watch where you step....
Ignore spiders....
And quit getting pissed off at people who are obviously trying to piss you off.

Wow I think I actually typed a whole message without getting a bunch of *******************************************************************************************************motherfuc*********************************************************coc******************suc*******************************dic********************.

Grow up.

Latest posts