• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Threw a casual round (mostly calm conditions) at Tinicum Park in Erwinna, PA with my brother yesterday. Hole #5 553' par 4: Hit a tree (Neutron Insanity) off the tee on the first part of the fairway on this wooded hole falling well short of the lane you want to reach or pass on your tee shot. My second shot was a Plasma Insanity thrown on a rhbh anhyzer that was rather weak and faded out to the left on the last part of the fairway near the trees that outline the edge of the fairway left. Threw my K1 Soft Kaxe for my 3rd: Had a thin line to the basket with a tree about 20ft. before it I was trying to pass on the left hoping to get near the basket on my rhbh release. Instead, the disc sailed to the right of the tree and niftily hyzered into the basket for a 160-ish ft. thrown-in for birdie. We both stood their in disbelief afterwards. Also amazing when you consider none of use birdied any of the gimme final three on the front 9.

Last edited:
Fun. It was a mud pit with standing water everywhere. Seventeen to 30 MPH winds. I've been practicing lightly and it felt good to throw. Everything in the bag was turning over in the wind, but my arm felt fresh. Putting was ridiculous.

Lunch round, 65F, overcast and breezy 11mph winds. Shot a -7 with one bogey on 21 holes. Tied my personal best on this course, though I don't recall the previous layout. The surprise today was S-line DD3 didn't want to turn at all. Zero C2 putts… Meh.

Two rounds yesterday.....

The bad - too many missed putts and having to scramble too often.
The good - I'm getting more distance. Per uDisc my 5 speeds are getting out to 275 feet. Considering that a month ago I needed a 9 speed to hit 250....I'm seeing improvement somewhere.

Perfect weather today! Played in shorts and a T-shirt for first time this year - and got to play a course I used to play often 6 six years ago that's been updated since then.

T-shirt weather in Virginia Beach. My plant foot no longer has the pain from the previous 5-weeks, but still not able to wear my disc golf shoes they rub against the scab. I'm sure others on the course are wondering why I'm wearing a semi formal cushion shoe, they look odd and clownish with shorts, but there comfortable and I'm throwing much better.

Had a sort of deju vu on the course I played, hit a tree in C1 short to short and dropped a short birdie. 2nd round short to long hit the same tree and dropped in a birdie about 110 feet out. Same disc, and the flight looked the same.

T-shirt weather in Virginia Beach. My plant foot no longer has the pain from the previous 5-weeks, but still not able to wear my disc golf shoes they rub against the scab. I'm sure others on the course are wondering why I'm wearing a semi formal cushion shoe, they look odd and clownish with shorts, but there comfortable and I'm throwing much better.

Had a sort of deju vu on the course I played, hit a tree in C1 short to short and dropped a short birdie. 2nd round short to long hit the same tree and dropped in a birdie about 110 feet out. Same disc, and the flight looked the same.

I played a round in dress shoes last week. Planned to hit a new (to me) course that is sort of near the office and didn't think to grab my disc shoes when I left the house in the morning. Thankfully not too muddy.

I played a round in dress shoes last week. Planned to hit a new (to me) course that is sort of near the office and didn't think to grab my disc shoes when I left the house in the morning. Thankfully not too muddy.

Well...what course? I generally wear dress shoes in CHI. Deets. And DEET? ;)

Well...what course? I generally wear dress shoes in CHI. Deets. And DEET? ;)

Nothing special. Just this one: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=13688 I played pretty lousy, but it was good to get out and throw some new fairways.

Reminds me of the line from someone on here (giles?): If I was trying to look cool I wouldn't be playing disc golf.

No DEET yet this season.

Lol....I think this happens to a lot of us. A couple summers ago, when I worked [:D], I forgot my boots. I always carry a pair of Keen sandals in the car to change into after rounds. Ended up playing in a brown pair of sandals with black dress socks. Looks stupid, well....some may not more then usual. :eek: But, it worked pretty well. :)

After a couple of rounds on vacation near D.C., my 7th grade son now leads me for the season 3 games to 2. He's never led me for the season before. Two years ago we played over 100 times and he beat me in 9 of them. Last year I finished only 6 games above .500 against him. Now I trail for the first time ever...but the season is just getting started! I'd bet he'll be rated higher than me by the time 2023 draws to a close. I've still got my putting to keep me in there while he outdrives me by 100 feet.

After a couple of rounds on vacation near D.C., my 7th grade son now leads me for the season 3 games to 2. He's never led me for the season before. Two years ago we played over 100 times and he beat me in 9 of them. Last year I finished only 6 games above .500 against him. Now I trail for the first time ever...but the season is just getting started! I'd bet he'll be rated higher than me by the time 2023 draws to a close. I've still got my putting to keep me in there while he outdrives me by 100 feet.

Enjoy! I wish my kids loved to play. My oldest daughter is 24 and she and her husband play once in a while, but my other three (26y and two 12y) have no interest.

Enjoy! I wish my kids loved to play. My oldest daughter is 24 and she and her husband play once in a while, but my other three (26y and two 12y) have no interest.

Thank you, I enjoy it very much. At least you have your daughter and husband for some company.

BTW, we're tied again at 3-3. I got him at VIRA this evening. He three-putted too many times despite pinning #10 and #11 back-to-back (from the shorts, but still). He pinned the 320'ish #10 with a KC Pro Roc...that he later threw in the water. I didn't miss a C1 putt all night. That's what I have to do to beat him these days.

Played my first round of the year, and first since October, today. Did well considering. Shot +2 on a pretty basic park style 9er (Mt. Simon in Eau Claire, WI). For context, even par is my average there, and -5 is my best. Both strokes over par were from a cage hit on a super low basket way up on a hillside resulting in a brutal roll away.

Drove well, both BH and FH which was shocking. Realized I have a dead straight FH tunnel shot in my arsenal that I hadn't even really attempted before. Managed to put a midrange (neutron hex) 30' feet past the basket on a 260' shot which was actually awesome. Drives were a bit shy of personal averages for max D, but not nearly as far off as I expected considering how long it's been since I threw a disc.

All in all, walked off the course feeling great.

pretty good. played 36 holes, same course twice.

had a couple ace runs.

made an adjustment to my putting that led to me canning a lot putts in the 50-80' range.

Flicked a proxy 175' out for my second shot on a wooded par 4 and smashed chains but fell out.

Then also managed to bogie a 200' hole, pretty proud of that :clap:

drives it seemed I was either parking the hole or hitting something halfway down the fairway. My putting saved me from a lot of pars today.

Shot -2 at my local course, which isn't too impressive. However, I was +4 after the front 9 and managed to get 4 birdies and an eagle to get back under par!! Still lost to my friend, but the eagle makes the whole round a win for me!

Had a good little two day vacation up in Eau Claire are to play some winter only courses on BG courses. Ended up bagging 10 new courses.

Only was able to bag 1 out of 3 due to the other 2 pulling the baskets because of the amazing weather lately. Was almost 80 degrees and very sunny. Snow was pretty much gone.

Played two extremely long and advanced level courses instead on the way home today and boy, was the wind making it extremely hard to throw long and far. One of the courses had 11 water carries and I somehow only landed in the water once. Was able to fish my Starfire out with a log.

Either way, amazing weather the past few days up in northern Wisconsin. I'll be back later in the summer for Tower Ridge and Buckrub.

Played my first competitive round in leagues today after playing pretty regularly solo since 2014. It was anxiety inducing for sure, but thats how im wired and thats okay. Played a new course blind, 3rd full round this season after having covid a month ago, straining my neck and left shoulder, then getting the flu two weeks ago lol. I shot +6 I think and am soooo out of shape right now. Ran out of gas and put up a 7 on a par 4 17th hole and 4 on the last hole, a par 3, otherwise I threw my FH much better than expected, putted pretty well, and the thing I've put wayyyy more time into than anything else...BH is what let me down...timing is off somewhere. Played with some cool guys and expanded my comfort zone considerably today, so its a win! - (now to play that course again and I expect to be under par)

My round yesterday as well as recent rounds.
My Backhand drives are hit or miss for my release point. I was feeling it was a timing issue causing early release, but maybe I am starting to round...
My FH and my putt are better than they have been in a long time. Gunna keep grinding and hopefully put them all together regularly.

Latest posts