• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So where do you buy your gear?

DiscGolfCenter!

Though several of my discs were purchased in local stores, selection was always a problem, especially in weights. Thus I ventured online and stumbled across discgolfcenter.com. They have a wide variety of discs and let you choose plastic, color, and weight. What's even better, the prices are competitive and there's FREE SHIPPING! My friends and I have been making purchases here for about a year now, and just realized there's also a promotion program that grants returning customers a small discount for all orders, depending on how much you've spent to date. This page gives you a general idea:

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_customerRewards.php

In any case, my friends and I started sharing one account to spread the discount wealth around. It's not much, but a few bucks here and there is great for a poor college student. Thus in the spirit of sharing, anyone interested in buying discs from the site send me a message/email and I'll give you my login info so you can get the same discount!

Best Online Sites

I have placed multiple orders with both www.discgolfcenter.com and www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com and have been very impressed on all counts. Both sellers offered personal service when I needed it. A+ vendors.

DGC has excellent online inventory that lets you pick discs by exact weight and color. Shipping is free! Prices are almost the best I've seen online.

Clearwater has the lowest online prices I've seen. Orders over $30 ship free. Orders over $200 get $20 off the next order.

ERic

The Wright Life

I enjoy buying discs at the Wright Life in Fort Collins, CO because you can hold the plastic in your hands and get a feel for the disc, the atmosphere is laid back and friendly, and the place oozes disc tradition and history. Sometimes you'll catch the old man, Bill Wright, working his magic with a disc, and it's a real treat to watch the twelve time world champion at freestyle do his thing.

I got all mine from a web site

Believe it or now I have gotten every disc in my bag, plus my bag from trades and deals in the Buy/Sell Thread at http:www.discgolfreview.com/forums

I have done 25 disc trades, and I posted that I was looking for a Innova Deluxe Bag, and I bought one from a guy on the site for $20. Its a great place to unload some disc you don't like and get others at a great price.
There is also a guy there that will custom dye your disc for a small price. Here are a couple of disc he dyed for me:

100_9636.jpg

Astroworlddisc.jpg

He only charged me $15 to dye both disc. You just email him the picture you want put on there and mail him the disc with his fee. Took about 10 days round trip. His name on the site is "Pointdisc".

"The Jungle Room" in Birmingham, Michigan is where I get my discs, the jungle room is a "smoke shop", but for a "smoke shop" it has about 5 or 6 rotating racks of all kinds of discs

I use both Marshall Street and Disc Golf Center...I have had fabulous results from both. The best stores I have been to are Old Town outfitters in Rock Hill, SC (mostly Innova...duh, I wonder why) and Disc N Dat in Florence, Kentucky. One day I will make it to Marshall Street because I need to thank those guys for everything over the past few years.

I have actually gotten most of my gear from the Buy/sell/trade thread at discgolfreview.com in the forums. I have done about 40 trades and sales in there as well as both of my bags.

There is alot of stoners that go to MSU here in east lansing, so we have 4 head shops that sell discs, one of them is fully stocked with bags, gear, and baskets.
It's called "In Flight". get it....;)

I preferr to buy locally because I can hold the disc in my hand and see the color before buying. I have purchased discs from the following:

Academy - Not a huge selection but great prices

Sports Authority - bigger selection and higher prices than Academy

Play It Again Sports - Huge selection in all plastics. They also buy and sell used discs. It's fun to look through the used pile for a great deal.

Disc Nation - www.discnation.com Their motto is "Every Disc Every Weight". They have a teepad and basket setup out back. you can throw a disc before you buy it. They have everything an online store has but you can touch and feel everything. I could spend all day in this place.

Ebay - I bought a CFR Champion XCalliber because I could'nt find one locally.

1)Marshall Street (for most of my stuff)
2)Disc Golf Center (If not Marshall Street here)
3)Gotta Go Gotta Throw (Something different from then the two above)
4)Disc Golf Values.com/Discovering The World (Some California specials or the latest CFR INNOVA)
I use them in that order. Price wise the top 3 all are real close for me.

Marshall Street or Prime Discs online for 99% of my stuff - they are next door to each other on Marshall street in Leicester, MA - takes less than a day to receive most orders - can't wait to actually visit the stores -i'm not too far away from them.

i've also purchased from Sunking Discs.com - fast shipping

none of the big sporting goods stores carry much up here in MA/NH

I've bought a few discs from Marshall Street, and if I'm going to buy online, I'll go there. I prefer to support my local stores, so I often shop at REI, and I've recently found a small mom & pop sports collectible store that sells discs. I keep meaning to make a visit to Play It Again Sports, but I'm not sure where one is close to home.

Question: why is there no Discraft for sale in the Atlanta stores, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I like the idea of holding the disc & picking the weight I like. But I also like to be free to purchase on a whim so I utilize many different sources. In no particular order they are as follows:
Mountain Disc Sports (828)778-8775: This is our local 'club' store. Meredith sets up a store in the DG course parking lot. She has all DG items (discs, bags, quads, clothing) & she has a cooler filled with drinks.
Play-it-again-sports: They usually have a few racks of new discs & sometimes a used disc will show up. Salespeople are not always knowledgeable but this can work in your favor sometimes. Example: they had a new Champion Wraith on the rack for $9.00. When I pulled it to look at it I saw a DX Wraith right behind it marked at $17.00. They had the price tags mixed up & I ended up getting a sweet disc for cheap!
Diamond Brand Outdoors http://www.diamondbrand.com/ : They are all around the area here & have large selection of new discs (all mfg's) & also sell DG bags & 'Bite' Shoes.
It's an "on-line" world & I do buy discs this way. I shop eBay for unusual items. I go to Disc Golf Store: http://www.discgolfstore.com/ if I'm replacing or re-stocking a specific item.
I've gotten a lot of discs at tournaments I play in. I've gotten Huk Lab discs at a tourney before. I bought a few discs at the Winthrop University club house during the '08 USDGC.

I actually prefer to shop through Amazon.com because you can enter what you want and compare prices/availability instantly.

The vast majority of the plastic I have now came from online trades on the DiscGolfReview.com forums. Other than those trades, I really don't like to buy a disc I can't hold in my hands first, so I typically buy at tournaments and at Play It Again Sports when I'm in Dallas (the one in Carrollton, TX has a HUGE selection). I have, however, bought from Zonedriven.com a few times and have never been unsatisfied with what they sent. Their main Customer Service guy, Sam Covington, is the man to talk to if you're looking for something very specific. He's dug through stacks of X-outs for me on a few occasions...awesome guy!

One of our locals swears by DiscGolfCenter.com, because they have a "live" stock, so you can pick your exact weight and color.

Marshall Street, ClearwaterDiscGolfStore.com and DiscGolfValues.com have a good selection of CFR and hard to find stuff.

Shoes come from REI - they have a lifetime warranty on all their shoes, and as a member I get back 10% of what I spend in store credit. Bought a pair of Merrell Moabs last year, wore them for a month before I decided that they weren't the shoes for me, and REI took them back and gave me full credit, no questions asked.

in northern michigan here we have Dunham's stores. but the selection is all innova and not much variation. i have bought discs from them. but there prices are not the cheapest. there was a guy that sold new discs out of his truck (mainly discraft) but he was kind of expensive. if i could buy it at dunham's for $10 he had it for $13. now i know $3 is not a lot but when you start adding up 20 or so discs it makes a difference.

most recently i ordered from everythingdiscgolf.com the price was good, shipping was cheap, but i want more control over what color i end up buying. from now on i'll either buy from a website that lets me pick the color or i'll buy from a local store.