• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So who's the Ronda Rousey of Pro Disc Golf???!!

Hard to compare this. Ronda probably got super rich and popular and was not as hungry to win MMA fights as she needed to be. Someone like Will got married, started building a lfamily, and probably had to "Get Real" about making money to support his family going forward, and Disc Golf may not be his best option.

I don't think there can be a disc golf equivalent to RR

Pretty hard in DG to go from the undisputed best in your league to embarrassed to show your face two events later

Hard to compare this. Ronda probably got super rich and popular and was not as hungry to win MMA fights as she needed to be. Someone like Will got married, started building a lfamily, and probably had to "Get Real" about making money to support his family going forward, and Disc Golf may not be his best option.

Will started sucking well before getting married. (and by sucking I mean not being equally amazing than many other top pros at the top of their game at that time. I would love to suck like Will myself.)

Just because you were told over and over that Rousey was SO dominant does not mean she was. She beat some powder puffs and got exposed when she started facing real fighters. You guys do love a good story though, huh?

Just because you were told over and over that Rousey was SO dominant does not mean she was. She beat some powder puffs and got exposed when she started facing real fighters. You guys do love a good story though, huh?

its not quite that simple, my fellow connoisseur of indicas and sativas...

He was banned for his actions at the Hambrick years ago. At least I think he was.

He was suspended by the PDGA for a few months. Then he negotiated it down to a fine and probation (the fine being his winnings from USDGC 2004).

He stepped away from the game of his own volition shortly after that. Rumor I heard is he wanted to pursue ball golf for a while.

He was suspended by the PDGA for a few months. Then he negotiated it down to a fine and probation (the fine being his winnings from USDGC 2004).

He stepped away from the game of his own volition shortly after that. Rumor I heard is he wanted to pursue ball golf for a while.

I still remember those discussions. He heard there was more money there.

Exactly, so he did have a choice to continue competing, he was not banned.

I don't think there can be a disc golf equivalent to RR

Pretty hard in DG to go from the undisputed best in your league to embarrassed to show your face two events later

I agree. Will is definitely not a good parallel because he was never dominant like she was. There was a period of years where every fight, you knew what was going to happen with Ronda. She was going to win by first round arm bar. And her opponents couldn't do anything about it.

Now, Dave's question about who is DG's Mike Bisping..that's an interesting one.

How about my favorite fighter, Joe Lauzon? Always exciting, good top 20 guy, but never the champ.

Latest posts