• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Someone is a giant man child

H.R HukkinStuff

Par Member
So, I ordered a couple of discs from discgolfcenter back on the 27th of August. My frugality chose the free shipping. Well, as the title states, I am a giant man child and couldn't wait for the discs to arrive in the mail. Didn't realize that it was gonna over 2 weeks for "free" delivery. So, I hit up the local disc shop and bought a Champion Roc+ and a Champion TL. Well, I'm falling for this game even harder now that I have some discs that "I" can throw decently. Well, decent enough for me to be happy with the results. The Roc was amazing. Flies straight where it's pointed. Like an arrow with little movement. Well, that is until I sky one off #14 at Whistlers Bend and it hooks down the hill to the parking lot behind the showers. (If you've played there then you'll know how off line I was) The TL was almost just as nice. It's a bit faster than the Roc+, but when I was able to get off a good form throw it went and went. Longest drive records set for myself today. Several times. Had a freaking blast. The online purchased discs should be here Thursday. (Dx Roc and Pro-D buzz) Some folks told me to buy the champion Roc as it doesn't fly the same as the DX. Guess we'll find out Thursday as I plan to beat em up then as well. :D

Welcome to the site, the sport, the addiction.

However (and this is a positive thing) you're using the term wrong. Manchildren are grown adult men who act like 8-year olds arguing over a game of after school kickball when anything remotely controversial happens on the disc golf course.

I would dub you "enamored with the game, with the whimsy and child-like excitement of christmas morning"...or something flowery like that :)

It's a good thing.

I've always recieved my discs from DGC within a few business days when getting the free shipping. My last order was done on Monday afternoon, shipped Tuesday and at my door on Saturday.

Welcome to the site, the sport, the addiction.

However (and this is a positive thing) you're using the term wrong. Manchildren are grown adult men who act like 8-year olds arguing over a game of after school kickball when anything remotely controversial happens on the disc golf course.

I would dub you "enamored with the game, with the whimsy and child-like excitement of christmas morning"...or something flowery like that :)

It's a good thing.

You're probably right. My manchildness was in reference to not having the patience to wait. I've been stuck playing with discs that are above my skill level (Destroyer,beast and maybe the Starfire). Playing has been fun, but not as fun as it could/should be. Plus, the weather is amazing today. Had to get out there and play a round.

Do you do the free shipping or do you pay for shipping? I did the free deal and I'm in Oregon. Where are you at? I see they are in Florida. Still, no damn reason for it to take this long. A bit disappointed with my first interaction with them... :\

I placed my first ever order with DGC, chose free shipping, and got them in about a week (Southern Colorado). I did get a shipping notification, with a FedEx tracking number. Have you recieved that?

I note that their free shipping is by FedEx Ground, and that has been spotty over the years for me. If there has been a delay I'd guess it is with FedEx.

Wait til you break that Champ TL in, then you'll really see it's awesomeness

You live in Oregon and they are in Florida. Of course it will take some time to get there. We all wish the mail moved faster. Beats paying $20.00 for overnight delivery. Welcome to the sport.

I placed my first ever order with DGC, chose free shipping, and got them in about a week (Southern Colorado). I did get a shipping notification, with a FedEx tracking number. Have you recieved that?

I note that their free shipping is by FedEx Ground, and that has been spotty over the years for me. If there has been a delay I'd guess it is with FedEx.
Oh yea. I got that a day or 2 after I placed my order. They do that FedEx smartpost. Where FedEx ships it, but USPS delivers it. I just remembered we had the holiday on Monday which prolly slow things down a bit.

Wait til you break that Champ TL in, then you'll really see it's awesomeness
I'm hoping my skills come up as it breaks it. It was extremely difficult for me to keep it straight. Might be just a bit too fast for me right now, but I think that alongside the Roc will be a good combo for me. Plus, I found a Lat 64 Halo today so I've got a fast driver in the bag waiting for me to get there.

The last time I ordered from DGC it took 3 days with free shipping to San Diego. The Disc Golf Store also has free fast shipping. Better luck next time.

Smeh :wall: I don't know what the deal is. I've been watching the tracking deal from ChronEx and it got to Oregon a few days ago. But then it went up to Washington and arrived in my town today stating it was "in transit" whatever that means. :\

DGC always ships super fast to me (near Chicago). Never more than a week. I think it's just holiday + west coast = sloow. ;)

DGC is a great site. :thmbup:

Smeh :wall: I don't know what the deal is. I've been watching the tracking deal from ChronEx and it got to Oregon a few days ago. But then it went up to Washington and arrived in my town today stating it was "in transit" whatever that means. :\

I've ordered from DGC a few times, opted for free shipping, and I get mine in 4-5 days, and i'm in western Washington. Also, I work for FedEx, and it sounds to me like USPS is sitting on it, for some reason, or maybe no reason. Can't explain why it went up to Wash., though. Enjoy 'em when and if you get 'em. :thmbup:

I've ordered from DGC a few times, opted for free shipping, and I get mine in 4-5 days, and i'm in western Washington. Also, I work for FedEx, and it sounds to me like USPS is sitting on it, for some reason, or maybe no reason. Can't explain why it went up to Wash., though. Enjoy 'em when and if you get 'em. :thmbup:
Typing my verbal response will not convey the sarcasm that accompanied it. So, I'll try to transcribe..... Ehh :doh:

I dunno man. FedEx took 8 days to get it from FL to Troutdale, OR. Then it went to Kent, Washington and made it here to my town today. lol Who knows. I don't. All I know is my bag is growing exponentially and I might be a little stoked about that. Now I'll have 4 discs that I can throw that are within my newb status skill level. :clap:

I always try to get three discs in an order from DGC. I get my order in 4-5 days and I'm in Southern California. One disc I'll usually do community discs or disc golf store if its baseline plastic

You live in Oregon and they are in Florida. Of course it will take some time to get there. We all wish the mail moved faster. Beats paying $20.00 for overnight delivery. Welcome to the sport.

It took a week and a half for my purchase to show up.
Note my location...
Having said that, I took the free shipping option, so I figured the $$ saved was worth the wait.

You ordered a Roc and a Buzzz? Are they in a competition to duke it out and find a spot in your bag or are you planning to use both?

You ordered a Roc and a Buzzz? Are they in a competition to duke it out and find a spot in your bag or are you planning to use both?
Well being a newb myself and after hours of reading the arguments and discussions on here I decided to get them and see which I like.