• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

St. Louis

RustyStrings615

Par Member
My wife and I are headed to St. Louis for the weekend...mostly to catch the Radiohead show Friday night (woohoo!)...but I figured I should also seize the opportunity to play a quick solo round while I'm there. I'll be playing around 8am Sat. morning I'm thinking. Based on reviews and info from this site, it seems Endicott and Jefferson Barracks are my main contenders...I'll be staying downtown..and don't want to go too far away. Which should I choose...or is there another I should consider?

I guess this response is a bit late, but Endicott is probably the easiest to get to from downtown. Either JB or Woodland (across the river in Collinsville, IL) would be good alternatives.

have fun!

I would have to vote for JB. I go to washU and endi is the closest course by far, but I ALWAYS push to get a group to make a run down to JB anytime I can rather than endi. Sioux is a trip from downtown, but its a unique round for sure.

Post on what you decided on, and how you liked the round whevere you get the chance.

I decided to play JB after all...Got pretty turned around trying to find it tho...eventually I arrived and enjoyed it quite a lot. Endicott would have been easier to get to...but oh well. Some really fun shots to throw with all the nice use of elevation. I liked the landsape too...relaxing groves of trees with well placed thickets of woods here and there. Hope to play it again one day. Thanks for all the input and recommendations

Endicott is actually a pain to get to when traffic is heavy. Once you turn off 170 you have to get all the way over to the right-hand lane to make the turn past the Quick Trip. If you don't know where you are turning, it's easy to go right past it. If you do know where you are going, it's easy to get trapped over in the left lane and miss the turn. Then when you leave you have make a left across the westbound lanes on the Rock Road all the way over the right-hand lane of eastbound lanes to hit the ramp for 170. It was by far my least-favorite course to try to get in and out of when I lived there.

Latest posts