• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Stable Discraft fairway?

mm1315

Par Member
Recently made the decision to bag only Discraft, and with thier lineup they cover nearly every shot/disc I need except one the stable fairway. I'm basically looking for something like a Teebird/Banshee, but everything of theirs I've tried either turns to much like the stalker, cyclone, zombie and x2 or is to stable for the shot like a Pred. Currently I'm using a Z Surge but powered down to fill in but it still doesn't feel right. Any suggestions?

Speaking of a Ti Stalker....

This might be the one you want. They are OOP though, and I'm not sure how other versions of the Stalker compare. I believe the Ti version is more OS.

How far are you looking to throw this disc?

Edit: Clearwater Disc Golf seems to have a bunch of these left, and they are sale for $14.99. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Starting to play in more tourneys and trying to get them to sponsor me.

This is Discrafts weak spot. Beat up a predator. Avengers were best option for me. Hated the stalker and xl. Not much experience with the tracker. I figure if it were good, we would hear more about it.

Avengers can be too fast, but the beat pred is nice, although it can go a long way as well.

Do they still make ESP Cyclones? I used to throw them and when they were new they had solid stability.

Z Stalkers are pretty straight too last time I bagged them. Surprised you're finding them flippy.

The DGA Tsunami (old mold Predator, slightly less overstable) might be what you're looking for.

Seems Discraft pros either work around this slot or use beat in Preds. I think Doss does that.

The DGA Tsunami (old mold Predator, slightly less overstable) might be what you're looking for.

Ah. Beat me to it. I'd suggest Proline.

Tracker is also a good answer.

The Tsunami feels more like a Teebird or Eagle, while the Tracker feels more like a Leopard or Stalker.

Do they still make ESP Cyclones? I used to throw them and when they were new they had solid stability.

Z Stalkers are pretty straight too last time I bagged them. Surprised you're finding them flippy.

I've got a couple ESP cyclones and I really can't tell the difference between that and the stalker. The stalker is straight and finishes straight to slightly right I need something in between that and the Pred.

A buddy I just played with mentioned an Xtra never seen one think it's what I'm looking for? Otherwise u may just get the ESP Pred and beat it in.

Discraft has OOP'd a bunch of overstable fairways. X2, Xtra, Xtreme, X-Clone, Cyclone 2, Talon, Reaper...

Dga tsunami. It's one of my favorite discs. It's got a lot of high speed stability with a hefty fade. Kind of similar to an eagle but better.

I agree that a tsunami would be a good choice. They are quite workable. I threw beat in preds a while but would bag a tsunami if I lost one. The avenger is about the same speed and is worth a try. There shouldn't be much a gap between a hornet and a pred. Maybe a lighter pred/tsunami would help bridge the gap?

Not any more than a z pred. The prolines are amazing for control though. A bit of glide for a stable disc though