• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Stalker ESP???

burnin4

Birdie Member
I am a huge fan of the discraft stalker, and recently found a few prototype esp's on eBay. After a few rounds it quickly replaced my elite z stalker, which I had previously considered priceless. They fly very straight, very accurate, slight hyzer fade. I think my elite z is just a little beat in and will occassionally fly understable, whereas this new esp stalker isnt quite as beat so it still flys heavy/overstable.

Has anyone else tried one? Thoughts? I'm looking for another 176 (max weight), does anyone know where to find them?

I like the ESP better than the Z also, I think it's a little less stable, but it seems more workable to me.

The only ones I ever see are the ones on ebay, there's the white prototype and the black PDGA version.

Isn't the ESP Stalker the disc that the PDGA gives to it's new members?
(reading the post above would have answered that, oops)

I tried a Z Stalker and did not like it.
I thought an ESP would be easier to handle, it was.
It's my newest addition to my playing bag and I use it on holes that need a long, straight flight with fade at the end.
Not a big fan of the black, though (PDGA membership disc).
The white ones are 22.95 + S&H. WOW.
Anybody got a used white one they'd sell for less?

Ben, don't sell those, they look good in the shop:)

ps, please get some of those granite vp's

Not a fan of the ESP. IMO it's like a broken in z. In all honesty, I'm finding the cyclone way more versitile.

I might be willing to try the Stalker in ESP, since I really like the grip of the ESP plastic better than the Z or Glow plastics. However, I like my Z Stalker well enough that I'm not likely to replace it until I wear it out (unlikely any time soon) or lose it.

I got one and I don't care for it but it is such a nice looking disc. Discraft should do that clean look of the white bar stamp a lot more often. Its the disc I would like to hang on the wall with aces marked on it

I might be willing to try the Stalker in ESP, since I really like the grip of the ESP plastic better than the Z or Glow plastics. However, I like my Z Stalker well enough that I'm not likely to replace it until I wear it out (unlikely any time soon) or lose it.

that's how I felt, now my esp stalker has replaced my elite z. I still love my elite z, but the esp seems to fly a little more stable. my elite z might be a little more beat in compared to my new esp though.

I correlate the esp to the star plastic and elite z to champion. for me, star/esp tends to break in faster than elite z and champion plastic. so, it wouldnt surprise me if this new esp stalker becomes a little more understable in a shorter period of time than my elite z stalker.

I dunno, either way I love them all :)

They do, just not for production. I'm actually kinda upset, my league has a one disc challenge for the first day. It's usually a proto or unique dc disc, last year it was ESP cyclones with that stamp, innovadude liked em so much he nabbed everyones for a lifetime supply. When I got one of those stalkers I assumed that would be this years- instead it was a crappy flx buzzz:(

Not a fan of the ESP. IMO it's like a broken in z. In all honesty, I'm finding the cyclone way more versitile.

Because it is! :thmbup:

Ps. NATE hasn't been all over this thread yet? Dropping knowledge bombs about the Stalker and stuff, where's a chuckle when you need one? :popcorn:

Because it is! :thmbup:

Ps. NATE hasn't been all over this thread yet? Dropping knowledge bombs about the Stalker and stuff, where's a chuckle when you need one? :popcorn:

Imagine that, get up in the morning, go to the john to drop off my morning Lithicon at the pool, and here I am to talk about the stalker. I agree with those who say the ESP is more understable, as it is(IMO).

One thing I have seen is the second runs and the crystals are far more domie than the esp or first runs, assuming then that they are more overstable, which I have heard. So just pick up a second run or crystal if stability is a concern.

As for glide differences between the first run and esp....seem about the same. The esp just turns slightly more.

OOps!...excuse me...a nasty little scooter just slipped out behind in front of my woman....probably have to wipe again.:thmbup:

just got a couple crystal stalkers, I am looking forward to trying this plastic out. I love the elite Z brand new but it turns into just a super straight flyer within a month or so. Hopefully the crystal will start out more stable and break in perfectly.

4666767208_bef7b5dcea.jpg

I got a Stalker ESP in the Discraft 10 disc deal a few days ago. It is the black one in the bottom corner. I threw it yesterday at a course and had only 2 good shots with it. Right now I am not sold on it. I am basically trying to incorporate it as my replacement for the Leopard for fairway/accuracy drives.

Stick with the z stalker, I do use one but I'm not all crazy about it, it's actually overlapping my champ gazelle and z cyclone. I'm still undecided on which of the 2 will remain a staple in the bag.

The z stalker isn't a bad disc, it's just not that great either.

esp stalker = :gross:

Latest posts