• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Standing on Top of the World!

Deis is my current home course and Hole #14 was my bench mark for great "Top of the World" shots. After playing the Black Course Hole #18, however, I think that a new East Coast champ is in play. It is just a daunting shot with the wind in play and the pictures that I took really don't do justice to the epic magnitude and size of the hole.

Black Course 18...I truly do not think there is a better permanent hole out there as far as throwing downhill...or down mountain...If anyone is anywhere near this course its worh checking out.....I really wish there were more people playing...I could have sat there and watched discs fly down that slope all day after my round...amazing!

main.php

Hole 16: Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas, Ventura.

Personally, I'd have to agree with this. Epic hole, although I haven't played some of the other ones listed here. Top of the World at DeLa is so-so, Wrightwood is pretty epic, but this shot at Casitas is really fulfilling and has a few very clever basket positions. Played Position C while I was there. Made it within 75 feet on one shot.

BTW What is this guy thinking throwing Forehand ???? Maybe on # 5 but 16 ??

i wanna toss one off the top of mount everest.

Guaranteed to be the longest DG drive ever :D

I've played all of these holes (except Diamond X which I've seen but haven't thrown). Would have to vote for Diamond X or Charlottesville.

Pretty much all the shots at the Willamette Alpine course in Oregon are top of the world, they lose some of the perspective I think because there are only a few flat-hole contrasts.

You know a hole is at the top of the world when your 100lb girlfriend is throwing 100' past on a ~657' hole :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4EQg67rSp0

Last edited: