• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Katana

The only disc that I know of that had a glide of 7 was the Jaguar. 6 is the highest I've seen besides that.

given this chart.... it flies like a beast.... (Beast Rating: 10,5,-2,2 - Katana: 13,5,-3,3)
speed-10a.gif

and (hypotetically speaking) -
if you throw a beast 300' you could expect another 25-30, out of the box?

if that's right, i am not sure it will beat my SL. (you know i will buy one and surely try... =-)

can someone confirm?

I have thrown all three discs and I think comparing the flight pattern of a Katana to Beast is somewhat comparable. The only difference being that the Katana is way, way faster and much longer. If your throwing a beast 300 expect to throw a Katana closer to 350 and its a much longer disc than a SL.

Innova's glide goes to 7.

Well the reason I said six was because(Being new) I have only seen 1 disc rated above a 5 and that was the archangel. If it's been discontinued before late this summer I likely don't know about that disc.

Aero is a 6, and I'm surprised that it isn't higher, seeing as how all of these fast new drivers are rated at 5 and 6. I figure Innova is just trying to make them sound like they're the bee's knees.

I have thrown all three discs and I think comparing the flight pattern of a Katana to Beast is somewhat comparable. The only difference being that the Katana is way, way faster and much longer. If your throwing a beast 300 expect to throw a Katana closer to 350 and its a much longer disc than a SL.

great review...

thanks....

To me, based on your words, it seems to require a good deal of open space to travel. i am not sure it will replace my SL, but it will be a great compliment my Boss and Wraith.

from experience,

how long does it take Innova to stabilize their runs and make consistent discs?

i am concerned that the disc i buy today will not be the same as when i need to replace it.

Consistency is my #1 priority. Being able to "plug and play" a disc is key. obviously some like Roc's need work and there is a "beating in" process, but overall my methodology is to stick with what i know, and experiment as necessary.For me, the Katana is an experiment that may (or may not) replace a disc in my bag.

great review...

thanks....

To me, based on your words, it seems to require a good deal of open space to travel. i am not sure it will replace my SL, but it will be a great compliment my Boss and Wraith.

You are absolutely right, the Katana is made for big open holes, where it can stretch its legs and run.

from experience,

i am concerned that the disc i buy today will not be the same as when i need to replace it.

Consistency is my #1 priority. Being able to "plug and play" a disc is key. obviously some like Roc's need work and there is a "beating in" process, but overall my methodology is to stick with what i know, and experiment as necessary.For me, the Katana is an experiment that may (or may not) replace a disc in my bag.

That my friend is the magic question, it seems the only thing Innova is consistent about is inconsistent runs.

from experience,

Try the guys in my sig out.

dunno bout anyone else, but the 'longer sidewinder' description sounds like it'd be great for me...

dunno bout anyone else, but the 'longer sidewinder' description sounds like it'd be great for me...

I want a katana (orange 167 ) but I cant really use it till spring anyway unless I throw it in the snow and thats not happening. Im waiting to find one a little cheaper than 20-25$ too. I love sidewinders and roadrunners so it does sound interesting. For now im gonna stock up on putters, I can use them in the basement on my basket. I want to pick up some putters I dont currently have, Ive got about 10 different putters right now.

Last edited:
I want a katana (orange 167 ) but I cant really use it till spring anyway unless I throw it in the snow and thats not happening. Im waiting to find one a little cheaper than 20-25$ too. I love sidewinders and roadrunners so it does sound interesting. For now im gonna stock up on putters, I can use them in the basement on my basket. I want to pick up some putters I dont currently have, Ive got about 10 different putters right now.

i don't think you will find them cheaper than $20 because they are a fundraiser for worlds

i don't think you will find them cheaper than $20 because they are a fundraiser for worlds

Yeah I kinda figured that, I have a few drivers on my wish list but like I said in the previous post its winter and so its time for working on putts in the basement and acquiring putters, ill start picking up new drivers in the early spring. I might get one of the fund raiser katanas though before then, Hearing that they are a faster sidewinder is an intriguing statement.:D

Yeah I kinda figured that, I have a few drivers on my wish list but like I said in the previous post its winter and so its time for working on putts in the basement and acquiring putters, ill start picking up new drivers in the early spring. I might get one of the fund raiser katanas though before then, Hearing that they are a faster sidewinder is an intriguing statement.:D

Like a previous poster inquired I think its more like a faster Beast or Valk.

Latest posts