• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Star Metal Flake Destroyer?

Barefoot744

Bogey Member
I searched around for a while today here and on the googler but could not find anything.

Has anyone ever heard of metal flake coming in Star Plastic?

I have a purple Star Destroyer with metal flakes in it. Not a lot but some and it is beefy as all get out. Maybe there was just a little flake left in the machine when they switched from a champion metal flake run to a star run and a few bits made it through? Not that familiar with exactly how the molding process works but that is my current best guess.

I searched around for a while today here and on the googler but could not find anything.

I have a purple Star Destroyer with metal flakes in it. Not a lot but some and it is beefy as all get out. Maybe there was just a little flake left in the machine when they switched from a champion metal flake run to a star run and a few bits made it through? Not that familiar with exactly how the molding process works but that is my current best guess.

I've never heard of that in Star, but there is definitely GStar around that has metal-flake-looking sparkly specs in the plastic. Lots of the early blue GStar was that way as I recall. I haven't seen GStar that looked that way in a long time though. Could just be a mistake as you say or it could be some sort of intentional experiment on Innova's part.

I'm thinking what you're thinking... Some leftover flakes somehow made it into the (physical) mold while your disc was being made...

I owned a pro boss that felt like star and had metal flake. A ds like that would be pretty special I reckon.

I'm like 90% sure there was a run of MF star. I think I remember it being in purple as well.

The mold just started to fail and left a bunch of debris in the discs. Supposed to be Xouts but now fetching 1k each on the twitter auctions.

Well I'm too stupid to run the internet.

Crappy internet, three new accounts on various photo hosting sites, and my technological inferiorities means no picture until I can waste my entire work day on a computer with a real internet connection tomorrow.

There goes two hours I can never have back.

I'm like 90% sure there was a run of MF star. I think I remember it being in purple as well.

Maybe I'm wrong about it being intentional but I did find more pics of star metal flake destroyers on one of the facebook groups. All purple.

I have a 160-something purple Star Destroyer that looks like it has some metal flakes in it.

My Red Star Tern had (RIP in the pond) some and I've seen it in Red Star Mako3s too.

Anyone else only buy MF if there clearly is over 100 flakes?

I dont mess around with that petty sub 100 flakes. Might as well not even qualify it for a MF disc if under 100 flakes.

They did a run of Metal Flake/Glitter Star Classic Rocs for Am Worlds maybe 8 years back or so. Thats the only time I have ever seen it.

Last edited:
Ok this was way harder than it needed to be but hopefully they work;

mfsd2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mfsd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These are all pictures of the same disc just different lighting situations which is throwing the color off. As you can see, finally, little square shinny flakes are scattered in the plastic. No where near what is usually seen in champ mf but they are pretty evenly spaced.