• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] STAR Thunderbirds... why are they not in production?

I've got no issue with reselling at a higher price. I just can't figure out why people pay some of these prices for plastic.

Yeah I generally sell on eBay for a fixed price. There's the odd special edition that I might make $10 - $15 per disc, but for the most part I'm making around $3 - $5 per disc after fees. I'm not selling for crazy high prices, so I can sell the extra discs I buy pretty quickly and make enough to keep 1 or 2 now and then. I don't really play the Facebook game. I'm sure I could make more money there sometimes, but I think there's also a bit more risk and a lot more hassle.

Well disc golf United has production run star roc3's in stock so this gives me hope for the thunderbird to be run in a regular production run of star

Yup, production star roc3s and star Deadulus just hit retailers the last couple of days. There is some hope for us yet.

unrelated ?

how much further are you guys throwing these compared to a teebird?

I just throw my champ thunderbird's on spike hyzers and rollers and let it smash into concrete to make them star flippy. Jolly launcher plastic beats in quickly makes it easy to throw the same mold and have different shots.

unrelated ?

how much further are you guys throwing these compared to a teebird?

Beefy Glow Champ Teebird - 340'
Beat in Echo Star Teebird - 360'
Fresh Asia Open Thunderbird - 380'
Asia Open Thunderbird after 6 months - 400'

My swirly Star Thunderbird started a little less beefy than my fresh Asia Open Thunderbird and started to slip to the right a little faster. Either way, as they beat in I could throw them both with a little hyzer so they would snap up flat and go straight for 80% of their flight.

Good F'ing question OP!

I love the thunderbird.....really do. I won't be taking it out of the bag....ever (likely)

plus its a great addition to my speed 9 Innova drivers that I bag.....these 4 I carry now are so $ for medium course Drives and wooded hole distance drives. Innova has my bag for drivers of this control and distance.

Good F'ing question OP!

I love the thunderbird.....really do. I won't be taking it out of the bag....ever (likely)

plus its a great addition to my speed 9 Innova drivers that I bag.....these 4 I carry now are so $ for medium course Drives and wooded hole distance drives. Innova has my bag for drivers of this control and distance.

I have no idea how you figure out what to throw. God bless you.