• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Steady BL

KnightsDG

Par Member
Now that this disc has been released and we already had confusion in the Steady thread between the two I am starting this thread specifically for the BL (bead less) version.

I picked mine up earlier today and loved them in the circle. I push putt and they came out of the hand nice and clean. They flew nice and straight with a slight fade into the chains. I am going to clear water for vacation and will post some updates as to how these handle off the tee and on up shots.

I'm really quite interested in this disc. Beaded putters don't work for me anymore, even small bead like the challenger. Been browsing for a dga/discraft no bead putter for a while. Would love to hear comparisons

I'm really quite interested in this disc. Beaded putters don't work for me anymore, even small bead like the challenger. Been browsing for a dga/discraft no bead putter for a while. Would love to hear comparisons

The BL is almost exactly like the Roach, in both shape and flight. The BL might have a slightly higher shoulder than the Roach, but they share the same flight characteristics out to 150'.

The BL is a straight putter with good glide and a touch of fade. It takes power without turning over, but needs a touch of hyzer to keep it on a straight line off the tee. The D-line blend feels good; fairly stiff with a little flex, so not KC firm but not floppy like the 1st run Steadys. I would've liked a more creative name, but otherwise the Steady BL is a solid putter.

Just got a pair of D-Line Steady BL and I'm pleasantly surprised by how low profile they are. I have a spush putt and the Steady BL feels and flies great. I'm looking forward to throwing these and seeing how they fly. Anybody else digging the Steady BL? I prefer beadless putters but I'm wondering if the regular Steady has a similar low profile feel?

Anybody else digging the Steady BL?

Yes I am. I was reluctant to make the switch because I've thrown the Titanic more than any mold, and I had a few dialed in. But I kept missing short, and I found myself almost flexing to get it to the pole from 29'. So after 10 years putting with Titanics, they've finally hit the front cage iceberg and sunk out of my bag. They could return as a driving putter, but I'm exclusively Steady BLs now.

I'm bagging a Stone as my putting putter and a Proline Flex for power grip shots. The PL is a couple grams lighter and flies very similar. The Stone is swirly and has a nice grippy firm feel, but it's already nicked and one has a pretty serious gouge after just a couple backyard sessions. So it's just stiff base plastic with base plastic durability. The PL Flex blend has too much flex for a good putting release for me, but it's good for wooded lines, and it will help preserve the delicate D Line.

I'm really enjoying the extra glide. Where I used to feel like I needed to almost step through from 30', now I can get it there from a couple steps back without needing to step through. It feels like I added 10' to my putts. I'm still working on my aim and release angle, but I figured out my grip today, so it finally feels solid in my hand and clean coming out. I'm glad I've stuck with them and I'm excited to get them dialed in.

I definitely want a pair of stones for putting when the weather heats up! I think anyone who likes beadless Aviars would enjoy the Steady.

I wish Discraft would run Roaches in stone plastic. Is Stone equivalent to Crazy Tuff?

I believe Stone = Jawbreaker. If you like the Roach I think you would dig the beadless Steady, very similar shape.

No, the plastic isn't close. I putt and throw JB Roaches and the plastic is softer with more flex. I've felt some stone Steady BLs and the plastic is much more stiff. Pretty happy with the Roach, would like to try a stiffer putting plastic in hot weather though.

I wish Discraft would run Roaches in stone plastic. Is Stone equivalent to Crazy Tuff?

Not sure about CT, but I'd compare it to KC Pro stiffness with a bit more grip. And I'll just say from my experience (1 D Roach and 3 D SBLs putting in the back yard and power gripping out to 140') the Roach and the SBL fly very similar. They really are almost the same disc.

I agree that stone is closer to a velvety KC Pro, or maybe a S Wizard.

If you want CT plastic for a steady, try to find jawbreaker granite plastic. Don't know if BL is available in that though

I agree that stone is closer to a velvety KC Pro, or maybe a S Wizard.

If you want CT plastic for a steady, try to find jawbreaker granite plastic. Don't know if BL is available in that though

I haven't seen it. You can still find the BL in the LE run of Swirly Flex online.

I'd love to see a run of premium plastic Steady BL to use as a driving putter. I'm actually liking the Reefs just as much for putting, but for stable drives the Steady is where it's at.

wow wow wooooow. I went out for a round today with 2 Steady BL's that I just got. Made all but 1 putt from as far as a few feet outside the circle. They dont feel as tall/deep in the hand as the warlocks I have been throwing for a while. Buying a few more immediately.

I'd love to see a run of premium plastic Steady BL to use as a driving putter. I'm actually liking the Reefs just as much for putting, but for stable drives the Steady is where it's at.

I got a couple LE Proline Flex BLs, and they're... flexy. Maybe a little too much for me. I prefer a stiffer putting putter, but I've been dabbling with these as my driving putter. They're just the tiniest bit more OS than my Stone BLs.

wow wow wooooow. I went out for a round today with 2 Steady BL's that I just got. Made all but 1 putt from as far as a few feet outside the circle. They dont feel as tall/deep in the hand as the warlocks I have been throwing for a while. Buying a few more immediately.

I've gotten to that comfort zone where I'm no longer thinking about how to putt it differently than my old putter. Now I'm just throwing at the pole with confidence. And the extra glide has really helped me with low putts. Now I laugh as it clanks off the top.

I've mentioned the Roach similarity, but I've also noticed it's very much like the Discmania P2, both in feel and flight.

Latest posts