• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Still trying to find 450 ft golf shots

Pull line and x-step direction is ok for pure hyzers, not so much for flat, hyzer flips or anhyzer.

Your stance is way too wide to finish forward. Reachback, the pros are turned much further back and hips internally rotated with knees under hips, front leg/foot is turned much further back at the plant. You are almost doing the splits with your knees so far apart, your two points of balance are spread to the extreme. You have driven your spine too far forward from your rear leg where the pros are squatting more into the rear leg and keeping their balance more compact.

Power zone, both your legs are fully extended, no way to generate any more power from your hips in this position. The pros have driven all of their weight off the rear leg, as indicated by the rear knee bent and hanging under the hip. Their front knee is still bent to brace the weight moving forward and provide torque through the front hip.

Finish, your head is stuck behind your heel. You have reversed or stayed weight back or centered instead of providing the squash of all your weight. You can't catch all your weight or balance on your front leg when your legs are doing the splits. Plant closed/front leg turned back, so you can receive your weight and balance on the front leg FROM BEHIND YOU, then you can rotate on the front leg with your weight forward and balanced.

I definitely have a real issue with my stride, but I now know the next thing that I need to work on; a more narrow stance and get lower and bend my knees. I think that working on those two things will ultimately solve a few of those other issues that you listed. Do you have any suggestions to help solve this, possible getting comfortable with the feet together throw? as always thanks again, I feel better now that I can feel the weight shift.

I don't think you are feeling the right weight shift at all, at least not in those last vids. If you can finish like a pro, you can throw like a pro. Work on a standstill and reread/watch everything in this thread.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Video Update on form; still needing help

McFly here (see old post) with an update. I could not reply to the old thread due to it being older then 85days old. So, the videos are one standstill and one x-step. Stand still throws were 80ish percent and run ups were with a little less power (except the spin dye disc that was a full pull). I feel good when throwing a stand still, and the discs go pretty good, but when throwing on a X-step I dont gain any significant distance but Im a bit more accurate.

Tear me another new one:

There's a little box you have to check to post in old threads. If you see a moderator please give them this message that it's too small for people to notice.

Looks better than before, but still duck feet with your femurs rotated out(see power of posture about internal hip rotation) and planting flat footed. Need to turn your front side further back at the plant. Plant with your heel closer to the target than your toes. Plant on the toes first, then heel and weight plants together and forward from behind you as video below explains:

I'm bored here at work so i'll take a crack at it, if you don't mind. With a run-up, I think you're fully extended on your reach back before you plant your lead foot. Everything else looks good to me. That's my. 02, good luck! :thmbup:

There's something going on where you're not quite getting weight into the instep of your plant foot, and the weight appears to be all on the ball of your plant foot, meaning you can't pivot your plant foot open.

This will strain your knee. The heel pivoting open will release the torque on your knee.

I think based on your being a big dude, you get a big bump on force with bracing your weight. But because you don't engage your back foot in a way that will open your hips, you're left with scraping your back foot back (like a skateboarder pushing on the ground.)

You can trade up to better torsion. Your stand still shots show the issue. You're leaving your hips behind.

http://www.heavydisc.com/2015/02/get-your-heel-off-ground-sir.html

Watch that video. Weight to the instep.