• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stingray, where have you been all my life?!?!?

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
Sorry...just got my 1st stringray and I love it! I played with it for the 1st time on Sat and made some really nice midrange anny shots. I love my Coyote, but if you anny it too gentle, it will fade back on you a bit...but the stingray is frakking awesome! Any other Stingray love out there? And how many posts will it take before someone tells me to go buy a Stratus??

Stingray + Coyote = Goodness

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with a Stingray.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the stingray,
"You promised me stingray,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The stingray replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

I carry two in different phases of beatness. Great roller discs too. Stratus's are fine, but they're closer to a Cobra imo.

My wife has the best star stingray in the world. 175g, tie dye. She lost it for 6 weeks and I bought her a new one...nothing like the old one.

I have thrown that disc twice as a turnover mid on a hole that makes a 90 degree right turn. (lefty) and it worked perfectly both times. I wish I had THAT stingray.

I have had one in the bag forever, but have become inconsistent with it. Maybe it is my Core love that is ruining our relationship. I only use it for anhyzers that I want ot stay on line and keep going. Maybe I'll work with it in the field again soon and see if I can get the feel back. It is a great hyzer flip disc, or anny disc.

My wife has the best star stingray in the world. 175g, tie dye. She lost it for 6 weeks and I bought her a new one...nothing like the old one.

I have thrown that disc twice as a turnover mid on a hole that makes a 90 degree right turn. (lefty) and it worked perfectly both times. I wish I had THAT stingray.

I bought a new one for back-up and it doesn't throw anything like my primary either.

I'm a lefty and throw the Stingray as my disc when I don't want to throw forehand (which is pretty much always). The Stingray gives me the left turn I need throwing LHBH on a left-turning fairway. I could develop a forehand shot, and this would greatly improve my game. But before I do, I'll keep throwing the Ray.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with a Stingray.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the stingray,
"You promised me stingray,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The stingray replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

I'd write a haiku to the Stingray, but Frank has already eloquently stated the case. :clap:

I actually kind of liked it better in a mid to long range putting situation actually, with its serious understability. Made tons of birds with mine.

I could crush it occasionally as a driver too. It perished when I got totally behind it once and it floated softly left forever, and never coming back, into a riverbank.

My Star Stingray is a magical disc. With a lot of snap I can get it to hover in a straight low line. I also love hyzer flipping it with enough head for the disc to "work". Beautiful.

I'm a lefty and throw the Stingray as my disc when I don't want to throw forehand (which is pretty much always). The Stingray gives me the left turn I need throwing LHBH on a left-turning fairway. I could develop a forehand shot, and this would greatly improve my game. But before I do, I'll keep throwing the Ray.

That is alot like me (LHBH), but I cannot throw LHFH at all, and have given up on it. Stingray is how I handle the sharp left-curving fairways.

I like Stingrays but havent been carrrying mine lately. Seems if I take a mid that is just stable, like my Core, I can anny that and then, the Stingray used to be a driver, in fact my old one still says that on it, and it gets really close in distance to what I have been doing with my Leopard for longer annys.

How much more stable is a star stingray compared to a DX?

How much differance is there between a star stingray and a star skeeter?

assuming same weight, star stingray is beefy compared to DX. Has some LSS too at the finish. DX breaks in super sweet. I have only thrown a skeeterr a few times but it seems to be more LSS and has less glide due to smaller diameter.

Latest posts