• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Story of The Fail Disc...EPIC FAIL.

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
So back in October one industrious DGCR member had a great idea, a Disc Dying Challenge...in October...and Octhrowberfest was born! I liked it a lot! I actually bid on, and won the disc that I voted for, A.Mutt's Chain Smashing Pumpkin:

4189543049_ab21a20f0e.jpg

When the vote came around there was a clear winner...The man himself! Jartiv! With this sweet disc! (EDIT GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=173149&postcount=56

What you may not have noticed is that there was also a CLEAR LOSER...and who made this last place stinker of a disc?

Well Jartiv of course!

The loser is pictured below:
4190294924_2fc0eaee14.jpg

Losing the competition that you win = Fail 1

So the entire point of Octhrowberfest was to raise money for EDGE...so people sold them on eBay and the money went to EDGE.

Nobody bid on the Fail Disc.

Fail 2.

I told Jartiv that I'd buy the disc because 1) I felt bad 2) It's for a good cause 3) I have an addiction to discs. Plus at the time I didn't know I'd end up with an Octhrowberfest disc and I wanted one.

Jartiv says he has the same disc, undyed, and he'll dye whatever on it. The fail disc is rejected by its owner.

Fail 3.

Jartiv and I spend a day talking about a dye. Jartiv gets back to me, very upset. His roomate took the undyed disc and claimed it as his own. It is no longer available.

Fail 4.

I say it's cool, not worried about it. I'll just donate the money to EDGE through PayPal and take the Fail Disc...

...But EDGE's PayPal account is defunct. Mind you Jartiv had donated HOURS before. I email EDGE and inform them about it, tell them to just give me the email address they use and I can just donate that way...

Fail 5.

...they respond TWO DAYS LATER by saying that I'll have to call them to find some other way to donate...

FAIL 6. If you're a donation accepting organizations the EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD for me to do should be to DONATE. I should be able to lose change in my car seats and have it end up at EDGE.

Jartiv and I name the Fail Disc...The Fail Disc. I say he should dye FAIL on the disc...like a rubber stamp. Think DENIED or PAID. He agrees.

...Then life happens. I smell a fail.

I contact Jartiv like...a month later "yo, whenver you get that Fail disc done. lemme know"

Jartiv responds: OMFG! THAT DISC IS FULL OF FAIL! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT!

Fail 7.

Jartiv, in order to be rid of the CURSED DISC simply kicks it out the door and mails it to me.

It is now up to me to label this disc as the FAILURE that it is. This disc is a late term abortion that didn't work. So I decided to dye it and brand it with it's curse.

I decided to play it a slightly different angle. 1) I didn't have red dye. 2) I didn't feel like buying any. 3) I wanted to try some new things.

Let's go through the steps. First I laid down my contact paper, and taped it to my desk so I could get it to lay flat, and get some of the bubbles out.

Then I taped the pic to it, then I cut out my pattern...I purposely cut right through the backing. The idea was to look through the cut out for the proper placement over the other dye. I could have done a better job...oh well.

4189572287_52940884f8.jpg

Then I peeled off the backing, put the contact paper on the disc...and started to freehand the design a little more. I shouldn't have done a few of those. Some of them didn't come out well, though you can't tell on the final product.

So then I put the disc in my sink and filled the cut outs with Liquid Rit. Purple.

4189573197_6f2629013a.jpg

You can tell from the previous image that it says F+. This is from a Tenacious D song "you passed...but just barely...do you know what you got? what? F PLUS!" This disc is still a neat dyed disc, and a neat disc...but it's SO FULL OF FAIL I give it an F+.

So I waited about 15 minutes and pulled it out of the dye...

FAIL 8. NOTHING CHANGED.

By now you've learned that I can deal under pressure. I grabbed the dye and an empty powerade Zero bottle. I dumped in some dye. Mixed in some Acetone...and reapplied:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2555/4189574053_50d00463ba.jpg

I waited about 6 minutes and rinsed it off again.

4189574395_644e3608a9.jpg

SUCCESS...sort of.

I wish I'd used red. I wish I'd lined it up a bit better...but if I had...it wouldn't be THE FAIL DISC now would it?

\/\/

I fail again. I had 7 images in here...so now I have to take 2 out...MORE FAIL THAN YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH

OMG!! That disc makes my head hurt :clap:, this is what happened when I saw it!!

puke.jpg

Fail!!

hahahaha... I am glad to be a part of this story.

and for the record, I made two awesome shots today with my own Demon. Both times I was recovering from awful drives into the woods, and both times I hit metal from 200ft out.... its a good fail.

Last edited:
This disc is so full of fail that no matter what river you throw it into, what ravine so deep, what dumpster so in the darkest of allies, somehow this is the one disc that someone will always call you up to return it to you.

This disc is so full of fail that no matter what river you throw it into, what ravine so deep, what dumpster so in the darkest of allies, somehow this is the one disc that someone will always call you up to return it to you.

not if you throw it into the hole on 8

This disc is (apparently) so fail that it will most likely end up in this hole #8 water...think you can get it out with a golden retriever?

1260927343858.jpg

Hole #8 eats golden retrievers for breakfast, hole #8's poop quirts out another hole somewhere in china.

for future reference you can hit a disc with a rubber stamp and an archival ink pad. I use it as a signature on my discs. Just buy a stamp that says FAIL. Then throw the disc on hole 8.

Latest posts