• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight Drivers

It really depends on your power level. Most that are mentioned already are turnover drivers for me. A Beat champ teebird or a beat E* Destroyer are the straightest drivers for me at full power. At low power I'm probably just gonna throw a star leopard.

I forehand it and it hooks right, backhand it and it goes left.

No S, just a big curve.

A new DX, a mid 60ish and no wobble.

I like the profile and some of the advice here so I tried a couple and really worked one and it does not work for me. I am working closer to par, only a few over (3 for every basket, 18 basket courses for PAR 54) for the last few rounds. I'm not throwing long, just accurate and putting well.

I am right handed and primarily drive forehand, one in my group throws left handed and throws backhand and our throws look the same, his is slightly farther.

I'm secure enough to say that the Leopard is not a driver that goes straight for me, it turns. And my lessons I no longer go to school here, my lessons are from the tee.

However, some people here know what they are writing about.

I have not seen them at this thread yet, not to say that the guy does not...

Uhhh, you like throwing faster and more overstable drivers than a leopard, yet you're bitching about leopards flying more overstable than those discs, sounds like you are the one who doesn't know what they are talking about.

No offense, but what you describe absolutely makes no sense, you like a faster more overstable drivers but yet are bitching about a leopard flying too overstable. That's an impossible oxymoron.

re: everyone who asked about pro teebirds:

There is a reason there was only one run: they sucked. They flew nothing like teebirds

If my memory serves me correctly, they were a little less stable than a tee-bird. Also the early pro plastic was junk in drivers...a few tree hits and any driver in that plastic became trashed.

There is no way a leopard should be a meathook unless you are throwing it with hyzer and a nose up angle. These should be flying straight to a slight turnover line.

^ that is indeed true, and I've heard that a longer stalker is a TL.

EDIT: To Drickandersons post.

I have found the opposite. I can throw my Stalker 30ft further than my TL.

The TL, and the Stalker both finish pretty straight. I have also found a beat in Pro Valk to go almost dead straight as well.

Believe it or not, I have a Z Flash, that will got 300ft, almost dead straight, with just a small amount of fade.

Uhhh, you like throwing faster and more overstable drivers than a leopard, yet you're bitching about leopards flying more overstable than those discs, sounds like you are the one who doesn't know what they are talking about.

No offense, but what you describe absolutely makes no sense, you like a faster more overstable drivers but yet are bitching about a leopard flying too overstable. That's an impossible oxymoron.
:hfive:

I lovey love love...my Star Skeeter...I get good D and very...little...turn...My DG would be incomplete without it...I will say that this thread is making me look seriously at a Stalker and the Sword...what Lat 64 disc would also be in this category?

Life is filled with morons, contradictions and things that don't make sense.

We now have someone here that I understand what they write having practiced their advice and seeing what they say is true.

I offer my opinion from my experience.

The TeeBird is a straight driver, the Leopard is not at the top of the list.

It does not matter to me that you don't understand what I write.

I am ok with that.

There is no way a leopard should be a meathook unless you are throwing it with hyzer and a nose up angle. These should be flying straight to a slight turnover line.

Way.

You will meet people all the time that don't do things the way you do.

FB has a more of a hook line than the Leopard, but their paths are similar when I throw them.

My experience.

You will meet people all the time that don't do things the way you do.

FB has a more of a hook line than the Leopard, but their paths are similar when I throw them.

My experience.

Oi, you will meet people all the time who don't do things like you because you are doing them wrong and not listening. Throwing frisbees is based on the law of physics. It's easy for us to identify form flaws when someone says something that contradicts the way the laws of physics predict any particular disc should fly. Your advice points to really bad technique. You suggested a Banshee and an Archon for straight drivers. You suggested a Leopard is like a Firebird.

You're giving advice based on your own really limited experience, which is ok I guess, but people don't want to get advice on how to suck at disc golf on here so consider listening up...

ESP Cyclone. With a good amount of power it has very little fade.

I agree. For me Cyclone is 275' straight - out of the box. I have an Elite X Tracker (oop) and it is like a straighter Teebird. I find the Stalker too understable...'a longer Buzzz' should be able to handle more power than the Buzzz in my opinion.

For me the Star Teebird is the ideal fairway driver once it is beat, the TL beats in quicker, and the ESP Cyclone is the best right out of the box. If you don't have the power to make these work, a Champion Leopard is a good choice.

Believe it or not, I have a Z Flash, that will got 300ft, almost dead straight, with just a small amount of fade.

I have two flashes. The flatter topped one i have takes a straight flight like you describe but my domier flash (same weight), is more overstable. :confused:

Joshepoo, did you have any lessons for us on what a straight driver is?

I don't have advice or lessons, just my experience.

What disc flys straight for you?

Lat 64 Striker will fly very straight and smooth until the very end of the flight when you'll get a small fade. Great disc for laser shots.

Latest posts