• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight Drivers

I throw a champ monarch on a <30degree hyzer and it's lazier straight. With the softest finish of any driver I've ever thrown. It's almost like throwing my star aviar as far as flight line goes. Just 150' or so further.

STRAIGHT DRIVER

Discraft

Buzzz
Stalker

Innova

TL

Gateway

Assassin
Saber

This is 'new' discs.
I have a worn Boss, Slayer, and Illusion that I can fly straight. I have a Archangel that is almost as overstable as my Spirit. So really, the timing and individual characteristics of each discs are factors to include.

But to just go buy a disc, and not expect to break in to much, but have a natural straight flight path, the ones I mentioned. Only the TL really has a consistent slow fade at the end.

Thanks to an injury, my arm sucks, but I can get my Buzz 240-260, and my Stalker I can get out to 275 on a good day. Anyone who has a better arm than me, should be able to do much better.

1. Purchased new 167g DX Leopard

I thought I had landed on the planet of the apes... I can't think of another disk I've had that I confused it with, may be I am thinking of the Firebird, don't know but I was wrong and now I have another disc that I like.

A straight flying disc, no doubt.

And I really like it now that I have thrown it on the course.

I threw it far anny a couple of times, cool.

Still learning.
Slotting it in my bag.
Tipping my hat, thanks.

I thought I had landed on the planet of the apes... I can't think of another disk I've had that I confused it with, may be I am thinking of the Firebird, don't know but I was wrong and now I have another disc that I like.

A straight flying disc, no doubt.

And I really like it now that I have thrown it on the course.

I threw it far anny a couple of times, cool.

Still learning.
Slotting it in my bag.
Tipping my hat, thanks.

Great! We weren't trying to bash you or anything, just something sounded fishy about the leopard being a meathook :)

I would expect a bashing if I were screwing up.

That is the way things go.

The variables are huge with disc to disc differences and the differences in technique yet I understand now why the Leopard is a straight disc, because it is.

Straight

Sounds like we have the same type of power (300 to 340 ft).

For tunnel shots less than 300 ft I'll use a Discraft Elite-X XL and back off the power to get a good consistent flight.

Longer and I'll switch to a 168g Champ 5x JK Valkyrie - tad more fade at the end, but if you keep it low it'll land where you want it.

If you have a little more room to play with - try a nicely worn in Pro Katana, but back off on the power. It'll fly like the Elite-X XL, but much longer. Not as consistent as the XL for me, but sometimes the reward is worth the risk.......

It is a video from my iPhone on YouTube of me throwing the Leopard from the second tee at Fountain Hills this a.m. I really like the disc, I will try to upload again to YouTube.