• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight Fairway Driver

I love hyzer-flips for sure (beautiful to watch and very useful for distance and controlling understable discs) - but throwing a TL or something similar on a flat-release/straight-line will ultimately tell you more about your form. The TL is a true laser - if it's going arrow straight with very little fade, or no fade at all when thrown flat, you are throwing with solid form. Obviously then you can diagnose what is going on when you are throwing with various issues; if the disc goes up high, stalls, and fades you are throwing nose up, if it takes a quick right turn out of your hand you likely have a release or pull-through issue, if it goes straight and then slowly turns over you are probably over-powering it, etc.

I feel like fairway drivers have their place (and yes, the Buzzz works wonderfully as a fairway driver), and are wonderful learning tools that help your distance driving in the long run. Understable mid-ranges and putter throwing is good too - but I would recommend one of the neutral-overstable fairway drivers to any player interested in precision drives and form.

thanks for al lthe help. ill go look at the teebird, tl, fd and stalker tomorrow and see what feels good to me.

sometimes i can hyzer flip my river and it will go lazer straight with a little fade but i cant do it consistently yet at this point, but i am going to keep working on it. i havent been practicing my driving much lately, ive mostly been focused on my putting

To those of you arguing about what the Buzzz is... I get both sides of the argument, but the argument is moot for this thread because you all missed the original question. The OP has a Buzzz already and wants something with a similar flight but longer. So something longer than a Buzzz is not a Buzzz.

Actually I addressed the original question. Something longer than the op's buzzz that flies like a buzzz is a buzzz thrown in a different manner. I don't believe he was getting all he could out of the disc and I provided some ways he might improve with what he already has. It may not be the only answer but to shoot it down as a bad answer is not fair to the discussion.

(n+1) vote for the JLS (Q,S, or even M). There are very few discs like it. It is my definition of a control driver.

In my experience the TL is the closest thing to a longer Buzzz. I prefer teebirds, however, because they beat in beautifully.

I've tried the stalker and to me it's closer to a mid than a fairway driver. Couldn't get much more distance than my Buzzz with it. I say go for a champ TL or a QJLS.

I'd say champ tl. Flies like a dx teebird with the durability of champ in my opinion. Very straight, less fade than a teebird.
^he speaks the truth, but I'm a fan of the JLS.

As much as I hate to give Innova any credit, the Teebird is the real deal. Stalkers are shorter in flight (might as well throw a Buzzz), not sure about the Saint, although I do have two on the way. I actually use a River on a hyzer flip for these kind of shots, but not everyone is comfortable doing that. Just get a Teebird, you'll be happy.

The fariway drivers I prefer are:

Vibram med Trak
Vibram med Ascent
Innova star Leopard
Innova Star TL
Millenium SJLS
Millenium SQLS
Lat64 GL River

Each one can have its own little bit of fade depending on the power and line of your drive.

Get a TL or JLS, either works great. I prefer the TL, but that's just because I had a few CFR TLs and like having backup
Is there a way to make a Smilie shooting it's self in the face?
suicide11.gif

Steve A. Telling people my completely honest opinions on their post whoring, stupid comments, and idiocy has been getting me warned a lot lately. To avoid this, and avoid making this thread even more off topic, I have decided to PM you my destruction of your silly comments and ideas instead of posting them to the public. I went easy on you, cause frankly once I told myself I wasn't going to put it in this thread for the public to see the flaw in your opinions, I got bored with it.

Latest posts